HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2950329#post2950329

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Love that they added Pandora.

DIRECTV, keep of the great work added new functionality to existing hardware, always nice to get something new without having to replace set top boxes.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
RAD said:
Love that they added Pandora.

DIRECTV, keep of the great work added new functionality to existing hardware, always nice to get something new without having to replace set top boxes.
I love that DirecTV is always looking for ways to add value to the service and Pandora is a nice feature to have included.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
I'm glad that the progress bar is back to it's original size.

Would love a little more clarity on where the improvement is in the User Inteface though ... ;)
The Contents of this Release: (Differences based on previous national releases)

New features
  • Pandora (internet connected receivers only)
  • Energy Star Optimizations

Updated
  • User Interface Improvements
  • Progress Bar Background
  • Under the hood

·
Hall Of Fame
1,876 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Yep, based on feedback from users, the progress bar was changed among one or two other things like the 50 character search limit is reported to be back.
I get the warm and fuzzies (I'm being sincere here) when a big corporation actually listens to, and makes changes based on its user's feedback.

It seems so rare nowadays.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Drucifer said:
Feature Removed

• PIG functionality
If enough users give feedback that they don't like that PIG trickplay functions were removed they may be restored.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
Blurayfan said:
If enough users give feedback that they don't like that trickplay functions were removed they may be restored.
That usually is the case but this change was made based on the new remotes. I'm pretty sure they won't be going back on this one since some of the remotes are already out in the wild.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
RunnerFL said:
That usually is the case but this change was made based on the new remotes. I'm pretty sure they won't be going back on this one since some of the remotes are already out in the wild.
What about the new remotes requires this removal, is there a change to button location or operation that causes this to be needed?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,981 Posts
"RunnerFL" said:
This is an assumption at this point in time really. Because the remotes your talking about are the ones they are using only for RVU client tv's thus far....
Haven't seen mention of that remote style going to take over all other models for main receivers yet....

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
RunnerFL said:
As far as the Energy Star optimizations, they don't save you a darn thing. All it does is puts the unit in standby after 4 hours of no activity.
If your TV can go into power save when it detects no input signal from the box, that can save some. I think that's where they're going with this.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
RunnerFL said:
PIG Functionality wasn't removed... The ability to use trickplay on the PIG was. HUGE difference dude.
Wasn't? You now have zero control over the PIG. Nothing - Nadda - Not one damn thing!

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
RunnerFL said:
Because of a remote? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Drucifer said:
Wasn't? You now have zero control over the PIG. Nothing - Nadda - Not one damn thing!
The way I read the post was if PIG functionality was removed that would mean the PIG is completely removed from the system. Where as here just trickplay was disabled while in the PIG.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Blurayfan said:
The way I read the post was if PIG functionality was removed that would mean the PIG is completely removed from the system. Where as here just trickplay was disabled while in the PIG.
Try changing the PIG channel from any screen but the Guide.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Drucifer said:
Try changing the PIG channel from any screen but the Guide.
I could accept that change... There have been times I wanted to key in a channel in the guide to jump to the listings for that channel. However due to the fact the PIG was highlighted the DVR changed channels causing the buffer to be lost.

1 - 20 of 559 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.