DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade to the Gold HD Metal package.

Currently I have a 625 SD DVR and an old MPEG2 6000 HD Receiver with AT120 & HBO for programming.

I would like to add the 622 HD DVR and replace the 6000 with a 211 HD receiver. I will lease the 622 now and upgrade to HD Gold and thinking of buying a 211 outright in the next month or two. Unless there is some promotion on a 6000 exchange to a 211...

I currently have a Dish500 and a Dish300 pointed at 61.5 which from what I understand is all I should need here in the northeast. Last time I called several months ago, they tried to sell me a SuperDish and then a Dish1000 (which will not work in the northeast) and charge me for it.

With the current Dish500/300, I have an old SW64 that can feed 4 legacy tuners. I would like to get the new switches (DishPro 34?)to feed 5 tuners now (625, 622, 211) and be ready for 6 tuners when I eventually replace the 211 with another 2-tuner DVR.

What exactly am I going to want in terms of new LNBs, and switches to support 6 tuners and DishPro connectivity? Is leaving the 6000 receiver in the mix now OK?

As for programming, to supplement the Gold HD package which other premium channels with HD offer the best HD programming offerings (ie HBO & Starz-HD) and what is the best value to combine with the Gold?

Also, what is the commitment expected for the 622 Lease, $100 rebate promotion and this HD Metal upgrade to existing customers?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,118 Posts
Purchase price of a 211 is $299
Purchase price of a 622 is $449

Lease price for a 211 returning your 6000 is $49 (and you get $100 in credits)
-or-
Lease price for a 622 is $199 (and you get $100 in credits)

Either lease includes installation so you don't have to worry about switches etc, the installer will do all that.

If you're interested in movie packages, jump right up to the platinum

For a person who has a DVR adding a movie package to gold works out to be the same as platinum price

this is because platinum waives the DVR fees and the HD price is only $15 over the AEP price, versus $20 with all the other AT packages

Commitment is 18 months

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I upgrade to Platinum with HD Upgrade offer am I committed to the Platinum programming for 18 months which looks like $45-50 more/mo including the 622 lease and minus the $12 in DVR fees?

The fees really start to add up. I still don't like the idea of having to pay $199 and a lease fee on top but I guess the $100 rebate makes it more pallatable.

Does the 622 need to be connected to the satellites to play recorded content?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.