DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to cancel the extra pack on January 4th. Never watch any of those channels to justify the $5. Today I checked my account and it is being offered free for 3 months again. I'll take that and like it.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
dpeters11 said:
In the past, you could keep doing that. I don't know if it's still possible, but may try it when they take away my Total Choice Plus.
I dont think they are taking it away, just renaming it to Choice Extra Classic, same as they are doing to my Choice Xtra, which is the same as your Total Choice Plus :).

Now if they start moving channels I currently receive to a more expensive package, while still raising the price of my current package, I am going to be hot.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Well, we are losing Cloo. I don't watch it, but we are losing it. Of course most are since it'll be in Ultimate.

Over all, I guess I can't complain too much. There are times having a grandfathered package is a bit of a pain.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Well, we MAY not be. It may not be in the "new" Choice Xtra, but might still be left in the grandfathered packages like ours. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Doesnt matter to me, I spend ~$100 a month. Im not spending any more, so if I have to up my package, Ill have to drop a receiver or something to compensate.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,401 Posts
"dpeters11" said:
In the past, you could keep doing that. I don't know if it's still possible, but may try it when they take away my Total Choice Plus.
It is. I've dropped/added it back every 3 months for free for at least 3 years and did so again not long ago.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Davenlr said:
Well, we MAY not be. It may not be in the "new" Choice Xtra, but might still be left in the grandfathered packages like ours. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Doesnt matter to me, I spend ~$100 a month. Im not spending any more, so if I have to up my package, Ill have to drop a receiver or something to compensate.
Since the website doesn't correctly list what channels are in the grandfathered packages, there's no way to tell if we lose something until it doesn't show up in the guide.

·
Icon
896 Posts
mdavej said:
It is. I've dropped/added it back every 3 months for free for at least 3 years and did so again not long ago.
I always have to call and drop it, as I have a grandfathered package. I can add it online with no problems.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,401 Posts
ejjames said:
I always have to call and drop it, as I have a grandfathered package. I can add it online with no problems.
Hmm... I had a grandfathered package too, but never had a problem dropping/adding HD Extra online. I only had to call about HBO, Sho, etc. At least we know it can be done in any case.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
bobnielsen said:
Since the website doesn't correctly list what channels are in the grandfathered packages, there's no way to tell if we lose something until it doesn't show up in the guide.
Just curious what channels are in that package?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.