DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Legend
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to my account online to remove HD Extras, got this message:

"Before you can make any changes to your account you are required to change your package.

Why do I have to change my package? You have an older package that does not support the programming/service you have selected."

HD Extras can't be removed online anymore because I'm in a grandfathered package?

· Godfather
513 Posts
Justin85 said:

"Before you can make any changes to your account you are required to change your package.

Why do I have to change my package? You have an older package that does not support the programming/service you have selected."

HD Extras can't be removed online anymore because I'm in a grandfathered package?
They already make it a hassle to remove programming via their site, and they make it more annoying if you are in a grandfathered package. I know for me this hassle keeps me from spending more money than I normally would because I'm not changing my grandfathered package. Directv must have determine it's worth annoying all grandfathered customers though...

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
This has been the case for a long time. You don't actually have to change packages, but you do have to talk to a CSR. You might be able to do it via email. Whenever I've called for a programming change, it's been a pleasant experience, so it never really bothered me, but I don't do the add extras then remove it, add it back and remove cycle.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
And what is funnier, is almost all of the HD Extra channels are included in my basic Xfinity package already anyway, as are most all of the "Ultimate" package upgrade channels. DirecTv just keeps losing more of my money each year with this nonsense.

· Hall Of Fame
5,519 Posts
Davenlr said:
And what is funnier, is almost all of the HD Extra channels are included in my basic Xfinity package already anyway, as are most all of the "Ultimate" package upgrade channels. DirecTv just keeps losing more of my money each year with this nonsense.
and they have basic stuff like speed and fox movie in sports pack.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
JoeTheDragon said:
and they have basic stuff like speed and fox movie in sports pack.
Huh? Speed and Fox Movie are in basic package I get too. I dont get their sports pack, until NFL red zone channel time. They dont have HDNet Movies or Sony though, so if I wanted those, I would need to get them from DirecTv, but not at $5 a month extra.

· Hall Of Fame
5,519 Posts
Davenlr said:
Huh? Speed and Fox Movie are in basic package I get too. I dont get their sports pack, until NFL red zone channel time. They dont have HDNet Movies or Sony though, so if I wanted those, I would need to get them from DirecTv, but not at $5 a month extra.
not all Comcast systems are the same.

· Legend
241 Posts
Justin85 said:

I removed HD Extra Pack last week by phone. When the DTV answering system asked what my call was in reference to, I simply replied "Remove HD Extra Pack", the system recognized it, and removed it. Didn`t even talk to a CSR. Still have the Choice Extra Classic. (These package names are really confusing)
Then about 15 minutes after receiving my cancelled HDPack e-mail, I went to my account on the Direct TV site and clicked on 3 free months again.

It is pretty messed up though, that you can`t remove online (I tried it, also).
Makes Direct TV look like they are trying to job the existing customers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.