DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just to set expectations. No national festivus this week......but, could be a very small one coming fairly soon. Stay tuned.

HD locals festivus will continue tomorrow with some additional markets. I'll provide the list when I can.

Happy HD festivus for those of you in those local markets.

Edit. Locals should be Jefferson City, MO and Evansille, IN. Assuming all goes well. Same disclaimer that not all networks may be ready for HD.

· Godfather
277 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
OK, just to set expectations. No national festivus this week......but, could be a very small one coming fairly soon. Stay tuned.

HD locals festivus will continue tomorrow with some additional markets. I'll provide the list when I can.

Be it good news or bad news, or just good news for some, I'm always glad to get it. Thanks for the FU.

(Festivus Update. :D )

· Hall Of Fame
1,313 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
DUDE!! I was flipping through channels the other day and "Knight Rider" (the Hoff version) was shown letterboxed on Sleuth.

~Alan
When they announced Chiller HD years ago Sleuth HD was also announced... but nothing ever came of it, just Chiller HD... maybe we'll see Sleuth HD eventually.

· Chancellor
8,483 Posts
VeniceDre said:
When they announced Chiller HD years ago Sleuth HD was also announced... but nothing ever came of it, just Chiller HD... maybe we'll see Sleuth HD eventually.
Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned it... as I don't think "Knight Rider" was letterboxed before on Sleuth, so perhaps it is in preparation for the HD channel.

I do have to ask one question though. You say "nothing ever came of it", but couldn't the same be said for Chiller HD?

~Alan

· Hall Of Fame
1,313 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned it... as I don't think "Knight Rider" was letterboxed before on Sleuth, so perhaps it is in preparation for the HD channel.

I do have to ask one question though. You say "nothing ever came of it", but couldn't the same be said for Chiller HD?

~Alan
I've seen DirecTV presentation slides with Chiller HD as well as Comedy Central HD, but that was a year ago.

· Hall Of Fame
1,336 Posts
Still waiting on BBCA or alternative flavors of the BBC in HD to arrive.

Always get my hopes up when checking sched in advance and see slots kept at "to be announced" right up until a day or two beforehand. And then they fill it with another variation on toys in the attic or something.

· Legend
249 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Edit. Locals should be Jefferson City, MO and Evansille, IN. Assuming all goes well. Same disclaimer that not all networks may be ready for HD.
Those are the only 2 going live tomorrow?

Darn. Maybe next week.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Satelliteracer - can you shed any light into when we may see Fox News Channel HD? Is FNC holding this up or D* or both?

· Hall Of Fame
1,237 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Will these channels break our HR2x's? :D Just want to make sure the correct info is being sent down.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
Oh my. This should stir up a hornet's nest.

Thanks for the info.

And, guys, he said "fairly soon." I will leave that to cunning linguists to determine if that is sooner than soon or sooner than anon or later than either.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,573 Posts
tonyd79 said:
And, guys, he said "fairly soon." I will leave that to cunning linguists to determine if that is sooner than soon or sooner than anon or later than either.
The more ominous admonition is the part about the possible upcoming national HD festivus being "very small".

· Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
harsh said:
The more ominous admonition is the part about the possible upcoming national HD festivus being "very small".
Size isn't everything ;)
It's what you do with it...

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.