DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Godfather
351 Posts
The D1000 is challenging in the NorthWest. I've got a separate dish looking at 129 and it's brought my signal up quite a bit. I've read in different posts that DISH is supposedly installing larger separate dishes in the NorthWest to look at 129.

You might want to call Dish and see what they have to say.

· Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pdxsam said:
The D1000 is challenging in the NorthWest. I've got a separate dish looking at 129 and it's brought my signal up quite a bit. I've read in different posts that DISH is supposedly installing larger separate dishes in the NorthWest to look at 129.

You might want to call Dish and see what they have to say.
Thanks for the info. Are you using a D500 as your 2nd 129 dish? If not, about what size is your 129 dish?

Thanks for the feedback.

Mr. Aroid

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Sam,

Are you getting a reliable signal with that dish? I'm presently using a separate dish to get HD off of 61.5. I was much better than 129 during the summer but this winter, with the rain, I'm having a lot of problems with it. I'm debating about putting up a larger dish and aiming it at 129.

· Godfather
351 Posts
Andy,

Yup I'm getting a reliable signal off it. I get the very occasional dropout but nothing problematic for me. I don't have line of sight to 61.5 or I probably would have pointed that direction right from the start.

Sam

· Cool Member
16 Posts
I've got a D1000 that was installed last April. We initially had problems with the HD channels on 129 going out for 10 minutes or so at a time, but I haven't seen any problems for the last few months. It took the installer quite a few tries to get the highest signal he could on 129 (I think it was around 70-75).

Erin

7 Posts
I live west of Seattle on Puget Sound. I upgraded to HD a couple of weeks ago through my local dealer. They left my old Dish500 up to handle 110 and 119 and installed a 24 inch seperate dish for the 129 satellite. So far I have experienced rain fade once (not on the 129 satellite) and have no complaints.

· Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gregc5985 said:
I live west of Seattle on Puget Sound. I upgraded to HD a couple of weeks ago through my local dealer. They left my old Dish500 up to handle 110 and 119 and installed a 24 inch seperate dish for the 129 satellite. So far I have experienced rain fade once (not on the 129 satellite) and have no complaints.
Does your 24" dish have a Dish Network logo on it? I wonder what vendor makes this dish.....

mraroid

· Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a question.....

I plan on removing the 129 LNBF from my D1000. That will leave the D1000 with the one combo LNBF for the two standard def. satellites (119 & 110).

Can I run one RG6 from this combo LNBF to my TV room, or do I need to run two?

If you are holding the combo LNBF in your hand, I am thinking the one connector to the left of the 119 LNBF is the one to use. If I have to run two runs of RG6, I am not sure where to connect each cable....

As well as having a run from a D500 dish with the 129 LNBF, I also have a OTA antenna. That run already goes to my TV room....

Thanks in advance.

mraroid

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,543 Posts
mraroid said:
I plan on removing the 129 LNBF from my D1000. That will leave the D1000 with the one combo LNBF for the two standard def. satellites (119 & 110).
You would be better off selling the Dish1000. Have you contemplated how you might mount the other LNB?
Can I run one RG6 from this combo LNBF to my TV room, or do I need to run two?
You can run one, but remember that the 129 LNB must feed through the 110/119 LNB.

· Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
harsh said:
You would be better off selling the Dish1000. Have you contemplated how you might mount the other LNB?You can run one, but remember that the 129 LNB must feed through the 110/119 LNB.
I have two dishes. One is a D500, and the other is a D1000. The D500 is at one location, and the D1000 is mounted at another. Can I run one RG6 from the D1000 (with out connectiong to the 129LNBF in the D500) to my TV room? Or do I need two?

Thanks

mraroid

26,543 Posts
mraroid said:
I have two dishes. One is a D500, and the other is a D1000. The D500 is at one location, and the D1000 is mounted at another. Can I run one RG6 from the D1000 (with out connectiong to the 129LNBF in the D500) to my TV room? Or do I need two?
If you loop the single LNB through the DPP Twin, you can use one wire. If you don't loop the 129 LNB through the DPP Twin, you will need a DP34 and you will need to use both cables.

Mounting the single on the Dish500 requires a special "I" mount as I recall and I don't think they are easy to come by.

· Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harsh said:
If you loop the single LNB through the DPP Twin, you can use one wire. If you don't loop the 129 LNB through the DPP Twin, you will need a DP34 and you will need to use both cables.
I will have no connection between the D500 & LNBF for 129, and the D1000 & the twin LNBF (for 119 & 110). So if this is the case, do I run two RG6 cables from the twin LNBF (for 119 & 110) to my TV room (and the DP34)?
harsh said:
Mounting the single on the Dish500 requires a special "I" mount as I recall and I don't think they are easy to come by.
Humm. I don't know what that is. But i'll start looking for it. Thanks for the tip.

mraroid

26,543 Posts
mraroid said:
I will have no connection between the D500 & LNBF for 129, and the D1000 & the twin LNBF (for 119 & 110).
You will always regret this.
So if this is the case, do I run two RG6 cables from the twin LNBF (for 119 & 110) to my TV room (and the DP34)?
You must connect all three feeds to a single switch and then on to the receiver. The fact that the DPP Twin has the switch you need built in is why what you're trying to do is not recommended. You would be better off with two complete Dish500s and a DP34. With a DP switch, you must use both leads to the receiver.

· Mentor
45 Posts
Just got the upgrade from 18" to 24" dish for 129 sat. Still get a few dropouts but very much improved. Doesn't go out and reboot every 15 minutes like before. I can now enjoy Starz and Voom channels. Between the wobbly 129 sat and the rain/wind here on the central Oregon coast it probably doesn't get much better. The Portland HDTV locals are great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.