DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going from the AT 180 to HD Gold this weekend. I am getting the 622 receiver. Do I need to go out and buy my own hdmi cables or are cables included in the 199.99 lease upgrade fee? Thanks for any answers.

·
Godfather
319 Posts
HDMI or component are not included. Only an RG-59 6' RF, a red white and yellow composite, and the RF antenna IIRC.

Try Monoprice for a good price--I got 2 HDMI and a DVI-HDMI converter for about $20.

-Ken

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KKlare said:
HDMI or component are not included. Only an RG-59 6' RF, a red white and yellow composite, and the RF antenna IIRC.

Try Monoprice for a good price--I got 2 HDMI and a DVI-HDMI converter for about $20.

-Ken
Do you have a link for monoprice? I just want to buy one hdmi, I need male to male right? Its a 42 inch Hitachi going to a 622.

·
Godfather
319 Posts
Whether "Component cables are included" seems to depend on the particular box you get. Some get them, most do not. Nothing on replacements, twice.

Try https://www.monoprice.com/ based on my e-mail confirmation. Yes, male to male but the adapter was to use the male cable on a DVI input. Yes, second HD TV uses old DVI cable, now using cables on great Samsung 1080p DLP (HL-S5687) and an RCA up-converting DVD recorder (DRC8060N), whose only problem besides sometimes getting stuck (time to reboot) is no sound on playback through HDMI even though it plays while recording, huh.

-Ken

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All went pretty good for HD installation today. 2 hdtvs and a lower quality hdmi cable was provided by dish in the package for both sets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.