DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV activated high-definition local channel service in three new markets: Madison, Wis., Portland, Maine and Reno, Nev. With the addition of these new regions, DIRECTV now offers local HD channels in 45 markets which, the company said, represents about 63 percent of U.S. television households.

http://www.skyreport.com (Used with permission)

For discussion about Madison, Wis locals, see THIS THREAD.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Just a FYI. I spoke with Retention regarding install of HD dish, etc and was told that my area (Harrisburg, PA) is due for the HD locals in early December. Harrisburg was on the 25 markets list that recently was released. Take that for what its worth, I just thought I would share the information.

·
AllStar
81 Posts
Just wondering, does anyone know what happened to the Providence, RI HD market launch? It was originally advertised as September on the Directv.com site. Then it was changed to the following...

Here's a list of upcoming markets that will launch this fall:

Austin, Cincinnati, Greensboro, Las Vegas, Madison, Memphis, Portland ME, Portland OR, Providence, Reno, San Antonio

Now, it looks like every market on that list except Greensborro and you guessed it, Providence, has launched. Does that mean there is some sort of problem (like they can not get an agreement with the local stations)?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
Nah, Grand Rapids is on that list as well.

DirecTV took the time to detail the 25 markets that would be added by year's end. Providence, Greensboro and Grand Rapids still made the list. I am guessing there are either carriage agreements that need to be put in place, or there are problems with obtaining the HD signals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.