DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
NBC - WCBD (2) is in the guide twice even though I have selected to show HD only channels.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
Ch 24 WTAT, 1-2 Oct (since channel went HD) 8:00PM-10:00PM (unsure about other times) Audio randomly "sticks", resulting in unintelligible audio (about 1 second in length). Seems to be only from all sources (non HD and HD). All HD shows yesterday were terrible, tonight there have been several instances.
I have an HR-20-700, 0x281 software, occurs in live and recorded content, only on this channel

Anyone else notice this?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
CopyCat said:
NBC - WCBD (2) is in the guide twice even though I have selected to show HD only channels.
I noticed this was resolved yesterday.
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
I have been experiencing severe video stuttering along with audio sync issues on the new HD channel 2 feed from D*. It was fine last night but the problem was there at 6 am this morning. It is not present on the SD channel nor on the OTA HD channel. I called Tech Support and they said no one had reported a problem but they would check it out. It's on all my HD receivers. At least one other person in Charleston reported this problem in the AVS forum. D* is sending a technician out here on Friday....I don't know why. Hopefully, they will fix it before then. I had to reschedule my NBC recordings for tonight.

Red
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
glindsey said:
I have been experiencing severe video stuttering along with audio sync issues on the new HD channel 2 feed from D*. It was fine last night but the problem was there at 6 am this morning. It is not present on the SD channel nor on the OTA HD channel. I called Tech Support and they said no one had reported a problem but they would check it out. It's on all my HD receivers. At least one other person in Charleston reported this problem in the AVS forum. D* is sending a technician out here on Friday....I don't know why. Hopefully, they will fix it before then. I had to reschedule my NBC recordings for tonight.

Red
This problem appears to be fixed this morning.
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
glindsey said:
This problem appears to be fixed this morning.
Well, unfortunately, the same problem came back on Wednesday morning on the same NBC HD channel only. I called Directv again in the afternoon when it didn't clear up. I didn't receive a very reassuring response that anything would be done although they said they would take a look at it. D* says there are not other reports about this but I've seen, in this forum, very similar problems reported in Myrtle Beach, Miami, and Jacksonville usually also limited to one station.

The problem is still here this morning on both HR-20s, the HR-21 and the H20. I did discover one unusual thing about it. If I hit the replay button the picture is stable and the audio is in sync. If I catch back up to live it's totally unwatchable again. And, I tried a test recording and it does not have the issues you see while watching live. Very strange. That helps with the DVR's but the H20 can't be helped any way I know of.

Tuesday this signal was totally fixed...all day. I think someone did something Monday night but the problem returned.

And, finally, the problem is not on the SD signal coming from 72.5 nor on the OTA signal from my antenna....only on the new HD signal.

Maybe someone from D* will see this and can figure something out.

Red
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
Incredibly, the same problem with the same single HD channel has returned today for the third time since we got our locals on Oct 1st. The video stutters and the audio gets further and further out of sync. As before, it's on all the receivers and does not happen on the SD signal or on my OTA HD signal. I just spoke with D* again about it and they said they would escalate it up....

Red
 

· Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
glindsey said:
I have been experiencing severe video stuttering along with audio sync issues on the new HD channel 2 feed from D*. It was fine last night but the problem was there at 6 am this morning. It is not present on the SD channel nor on the OTA HD channel. I called Tech Support and they said no one had reported a problem but they would check it out. It's on all my HD receivers. At least one other person in Charleston reported this problem in the AVS forum. D* is sending a technician out here on Friday....I don't know why. Hopefully, they will fix it before then. I had to reschedule my NBC recordings for tonight.

Red
It's been intermittent on channel 2, last night we had to watch 2.1 OTA.
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
jrtouareg said:
Does anyone know if this has been fixed? I have an HR22 and have ordered the AM21 OTA tuner to solve this problem. The picture seems to look sharper on my 3 other HD-DVRs (HR20) OTA tuner. Anyone notice this? :(
Actually, it's been fixed three times now. Unfortunately, it keeps going back to the same problem again. The last time I called D* about it (from my post above) was Tuesday morning. It was fixed over night and was good yesterday and most of today but is now back again tonight. Very disappointing and frustrating. The problem does not affect the OTA HD signal...only D*'s HD channel.

Red
 

· New Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
I'm having video stuttering along with audio sync issue on NBC channel 2 and Fox channel 24. Channel 2 had the problem last night (10/16/2008) between 8:30 and 9:00. Channel 24 pretty much has the problem all the time and is really unwatchable at this point.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
jrrider said:
I'm having video stuttering along with audio sync issue on NBC channel 2 and Fox channel 24. Channel 2 had the problem last night (10/16/2008) between 8:30 and 9:00. Channel 24 pretty much has the problem all the time and is really unwatchable at this point.
So the moral here is to keep using the OTA tuner and forget about the D* HD channels for now. I guess keep looking for HR 20s, otherwise shell out the extra$50 for the AM21 to go along with the HR22:( .
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,035 Posts
Effective today 10/20/08, Charleston, SC and Columbia – Jefferson City, MO have moved to a 1-dish solution.

What does that mean to you? If you have all Mpeg 4 receivers (R22, H2x or HR2x) you can remove the 72.5 dish. :)
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
For the last week or so, evening programs on Fox 24 have been really bad. Mostly an audio stuttering issue, but some minor pixelation. I also noticed the issue on my standard def. boxes. Tonight watching 24 on Fox was TERRIBLE! Anyone have any idea?
 

· Old Member
Joined
·
25 Posts
charlestonemt said:
For the last week or so, evening programs on Fox 24 have been really bad. Mostly an audio stuttering issue, but some minor pixelation. I also noticed the issue on my standard def. boxes. Tonight watching 24 on Fox was TERRIBLE! Anyone have any idea?
This problem has been going on since the HD locals were turned on here in Charleston. A person claiming to be an engineer at WTAT said he was working with Directv to try to fix the problem, but that was several weeks ago. I recorded the 24 episode last night from the D* feed on one receiver and the OTA signal on another. The D* version was unwatchable (as all prime time shows have been) but the OTA version was perfect. This certainly has been going on too long....

Red
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply! That at least makes me feel good to know that it's not only an issue with my equipment but bad that I have to deal with it for God knows how much longer. I don't have an OTA antenna, and I would really hate to spend the $ on one. Besides, I live in Summerville, and I'm not sure I would get the signal from the tower which I believe is in Awendaw.

Is the problem only present at night, or does it happen at random times throughout the day as well? I haven't watched Fox enough to determine yet.

Again, thanks for the reply.

BTW, on my SD receiver it did the same thing. I thought that signal was from another satellite?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top