DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Mentor
47 Posts
Well I would like to start this thread with possible problems with WOIO Ch. 19 in HD. Any one else getting loss of signal and digital distortion with the HD signal on 19-1? Just awful. And that's not any comment on local news programming either.

· AllStar
99 Posts
talkdj said:
Well I would like to start this thread with possible problems with WOIO Ch. 19 in HD. Any one else getting loss of signal and digital distortion with the HD signal on 19-1? Just awful. And that's not any comment on local news programming either.
Well.... If you are talking about the MPEG4 channel 19 (HD), then yes. If you are talking about the OTA channel 19-1, then no.

I have seen the same distortion that you are experiencing on the Directv provided WOIO 19. Hope they can get these issues worked out soon.

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
talkdj said:
Please reserve this thread for issues with the DirecTV-delivered HD LiLs for Cleveland-Akron, OH. May I suggest the Cleveland HD OTA channel thread at AVS Forums for discussion of OTA channel issues.

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Stuttering problem here currently on Channel 3 NBC Cleveland. Slow motion action not sure if it's part of the pre game show or not. Commercials seem fine.

· Godfather
334 Posts
Here's the reply I received from CH45/49

Eric,
If everything goes according to plan DirecTV will begin using our HD signal on November
1, 2008. If there are any technical issues that come up that date may be pushed back.
Ultimately DirecTV has to use local HD signal when the analog signals cease next
February.
Thanks for writing.

Don

Don Freeman
Programming
Western Reserve PBS
WNEO/WEAO

6 Posts
Channel(s) affected - 19 WOIO HD
Date - 12/12/08 & 12/14/08
Time - 8:00pm - 9:00pm & 11:00am to ??
Description of Issue - lots of blocking and stuttering throughout the Sunday (12/14) Tailgate 19 show. Also noticed the same problems Friday night (12/12) during the Frosty the Snowman hour.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Someone needs to reboot the encoder for WOIO ch 19. Macroblocking and audio worbling has progressively grown worse over the past 2 weeks.

· Mentor
31 Posts
Channel(s) affected - 19 WOIO HD
Date - 12/14/08
Time - 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Description of Issue - Same as everyone else watching 19 lately. Lots of green blocking and audio stuttering throughout the Survivor finale. I thought it was the wind last night slightly adjusting the dish but it does look like it's on 19's side.

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
carnage said:
looks good and glad to have it!
+1 now all we need is My43 in HD and I'll be set.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.