DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

2 Posts
ABC 25 in HD looks as though it is being viewed on a computer. Very choppy. I would say that the framerate just doesn't look like it is running at the same rate as the other locals. Channels 7(Fox), 14(NBC), and 44(CBS) all look great.

Anyone else having this issue?

· Banned
26 Posts
alagrange said:
ABC 25 in HD looks as though it is being viewed on a computer. Very choppy. I would say that the framerate just doesn't look like it is running at the same rate as the other locals. Channels 7(Fox), 14(NBC), and 44(CBS) all look great.

Anyone else having this issue?
I have seen the same issue with 25. I noticed it on Wednesday night, but have not been able to check it again (out of town) to see if the situation is improved. I plan to check tonight to see if the situation is better and also to compare the 25 OTA signal with D* signal to see if one is better than the other. I expect that this is most likely a 25 issue.

· Mentor
31 Posts
I agree that Channel 25, ABC, has choppiness or frame rate issues. I only watch "Life on Mars" on that network, and for a week or two I thought it was filmed that way! Then I saw some other HD shows on the same station and realized it wasn't.

Also, for the last two weeks, my Channel 44 has even more severe frame rate issues, and even some pixellation issues.

Does anyone monitor these problems?

2 Posts
Hello, I have had Dish for several years but I am thinking of switching to Direct because of the locals. I have a question to ask, on the HD ota broadcasts for example you have 14-1, 14-2, 14-3 and 44-1 and 44-2. Does the Direct hd locals have the same channels?
Thanks

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Effective Wednesday December 3, Evansville, Indiana will move to a 1-dish solution.
What does that mean to you? If you have all Mpeg4 equipment, ie R22, H2x or HR2x, then you no longer need the second dish pointed at the 72.5 slot. :)

If you still have legacy equipment, ie any Hughes, Sony, RCA, Tivo, D10/11/12, etc, then those boxes need to be replaced before removing the 72.5 dish. If you remove the 72.5 dish, then your SD locals go *poof*. :)

· Banned
26 Posts
BarryMMatt said:
Hello, I have had Dish for several years but I am thinking of switching to Direct because of the locals. I have a question to ask, on the HD ota broadcasts for example you have 14-1, 14-2, 14-3 and 44-1 and 44-2. Does the Direct hd locals have the same channels?
Thanks
The HD channels provide by D* are only the main channels for each network, ie 14-1, etc. To get the other sub channels, you will need OTA still (to get 14-2 for example)

· Mentor
31 Posts
Anyone having any choppiness on Channel 14, the Evansville NBC affiliate? It seems over the last week or so that both local programming and network shows are both choppy. Backing a show up a few seconds on the DVR seems to solve the problems, but that's a pain in the butt and not something that should be ocurring. I haven't called Direct or Channel 14...but I'm wondering if others have seen the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.