Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
foghorn2 said:
Get a good OTA antenna and the Vip622 if you are in reception range.
I am currently using an OTA Antenna, which I prefer to use since the signal is not as compressed as the Satellite/Cable feeds in HD. However, my location makes it very difficult to aim my antenna and maintain a decent signal level on all stations on my VIP622. I'm using a Winegard Square Shooter and have it aimed between Black Mountain and the other Mountain top transmitter site that I have direct line of sight with. So, unless I use 2 separate antennas aimed at each transmiter site, I'll just have to stick with what I have until 2007. If we only had Verizon Fios available in Vegas......:( Thanks for the feedback

·
Legend/Supporter
750 Posts
We were a long long way down the list for SD locals, Neilsen obviously hasn't quite caught up to us being the fastest growing area in the US, so our DMA is still below 50 (? 52 or so)... so despite the fact we're well over 1,000,000 residents, we're insignificant as far as getting HD locals. Luckily we can get good signals from Black Mountain and now that the 211 gives full details in the guide for the digital channels, I see no reason for us to subscribe to SD locals. I'm sure the 622 will catch up as far as this guide feature is concerned. And there is absolutely zero chance of us subscribing to Cox. Wait, that would actualy probably be a less than zero chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.