DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV has confirmed to me in an email that HD Locals to the Flint DMA will now be late 2007. I don't often get really annoyed with delays, but a YEAR delay from their last announcement is pretty annoying.

When I heard in October that we'd get HD Locals by the end of the year I figured "Yeah, right," but only in that it would probably be February or March when they really went live. Now it's "late 2007?" What gives? I didn't see a press release changing their first release to say "Oops--far fewer HD Local markets in 2006 than we thought" which makes me think that my hopes were raised MERELY to make a good sounding press release and perhaps influence some stock returns.

I'm very tolerant of delays with software and even updated channels, when they say "we thought this month, but it will be a month or two late." A year later than promised isn't a month or two, and really considering the plans I was making to upgrade certain TVs and boxes is pretty frustrating.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have an antenna, but only going to two of the 5 TVs in the house. I'm concerned about splitting the signal another three ways. I was counting on HD-Locals so I could finally dump basic cable as well. I was considering getting two more HDTVs and two more HR20s if they solved their closed captioning problems. See, once they have HD-Locals in my area they'll swap out my Tivos. Now? No. Not for another year.

My main concern is being lied to, and THIS announcement I feel was a lie. Usually I don't. Usually I give D* the benefit of the doubt, but right now, I think they made the announcement so they could have an announcement, and all the markets they said would be done by late 2006 didn't have a chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.