DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Channel(s) affected ABC HD, FOX HD, NBC HD
Date: 9/3/08
Time: 6PM, 8PM
Description of Issue: Picture freezes up. Pixeling.
Not sure which transponder these channels are on but on SAT 103 (S) transponder 1 is at 30. I just had my system installed yesterday. SWMLINE Dish.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
I live in Jacksonville, FL have a HR20-700 with a 5 LNB slimline and have been experiencing audio stutter and pixellation over the past few days but only on local HDs. Any insight anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Signal strengths are as follows:

Satellite 101:

1-8 95 98 95 95 95 99 95 98
9-16 95 98 96 73 96 99 95 100
17-24 95 0 95 0 94 100 91 100
25-32 93 83 92 97 92 99 90 100

110:

1-8 95 on 8
9-16 95 on 10 95 on 12

119:

17-24 98 on 22 0 on 23 97 on 24
25-32 100 98 98 98 100 99 0 99

99(c)

1-8 93 92 88 91 91 89 87 91
9-16 88 89 87 89 91 91 NA NA

99(s)

1-8 0 62 0 45 0 58 NA NA
9-16 0 on 15 0 on 16
17-24 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

103(s)

1-8 22 74 51 84 79 0 NA NA
9-16 84 on 15 69 on 16
17-24 0 97 0 75 0 0 85 0

103(c)

1-8 92 89 89 88 91 87 86 88
9-16 89 86 87 90 88 88 NA NA
 

· New Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
HD Local channels in Jacksonville have bad pixelation problems and some stuttering with occasional audio stutter too. It's been all weekend long and maybe longer but It's been real irritating because I watch TV on the weekend (football)
I switched to my OTA antenna and the HD picture and sound is perfect!
Non HD broadcast seem ok.

My mom's home also has the HD local channel pixelation problems too so It's got to be Jacksonville Area.

We all have the Directv DVR's.
 

· Charter Gold Club Member
Joined
·
22,099 Posts
FYI - I get JAX HD local via Comcast and, although just occasional viewing this
weekend, I've not noticed any probs with any of my six JAX HD channels.

Good luck with yours.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
I am having the same issue. Seems to have just started over the weekend. I live in St. Aug. and have Directv. First the screen pixelates when you are watching live and then, the playback seems to stutter or pause every 5-6 seconds. Really annoying. I have a service call set up but maybe it's a bigger problem and will be fixed by D*?
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Also effects playback. The live feed seems fine, but the playback on HR21 stutters and pauses every 5-6 seconds. Only local channels - all others are fine. Was there a software update lately? How do we get them to fix this before the new season starts next week?
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
41 Posts
We noticed the same thing on FOX watching Fringe last night. We had to keep hitting play to keep the recording going along. We finally gave up and watched it on the Internet. This was on our bedroom HR20 which uses satellite locals. Our living room HR20 uses OTA locals and works fine.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
261 Posts
I am seeing the same thing (stuttering and other wierdness). This is on both HR20's.. I thought that it might be CE weirdness, but if this is happening on the national release, it has to be a transmission problem somewhere..

Tim
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
I live off CR210 just south of Jax. I have been having this problem on/off for a couple of weeks, but it has gotten worse the past week or so. HD feeds are unwatchable. I have a call in to have a tech realign the dish on Friday (Sept 19).

I noticed my reception on 103s tp 1 is low (~21). I think that may be where the locals come in. Not sure if directv changed that recently, it would explain the problem.

This happened in june when I first got my HR21 recorder and HD tv. But it went away till now. What's up with that?
John
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Noticed the problem last night when I got home on NBC. I assumed it was just an issue with NBC out of Cleveland due to the weather.

I'll have to watch out for other issues though. Its definitely NOT a signal strength problem at my house though.

Chris
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
BudShark said:
Noticed the problem last night when I got home on NBC. I assumed it was just an issue with NBC out of Cleveland due to the weather.

I'll have to watch out for other issues though. Its definitely NOT a signal strength problem at my house though.

Chris
Chris, what is your signal strength on 103s tp 1?
Also, whereabouts do you live (generally speaking). I wonder if being out on 210 is somehow the edge of a spot beam.

John
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
jangelj said:
Chris, what is your signal strength on 103s tp 1?
Also, whereabouts do you live (generally speaking). I wonder if being out on 210 is somehow the edge of a spot beam.

John
Bartram Springs (Phillips and Racetrack) so very close to 210.

I'm not home to check my signal strength on 103 tp1 but I will when I get home.

I noticed something very interesting last night though - which is why I wasn't concerned. At one point in the Sunday football game they talked about their online services. Well when they did that, you could see the EXACT same signal issues (pixelation) on the computer screen they were showing behind them. Thats why I assumed it was source and not my reception.

But I will check when I get home tonight and post what I am getting.

Chris

P.S. The reason I know its not a signal strength issue is because I worked closely with the installer when they were here to get the signal, wiring, etc. where I wanted it. I had a SWM and they hadn't seen one before so I basically did the install with the guy and we spent 45 minutes on signal alone. That was 8 months ago when I moved here. So it might have shifted or DirecTV might have drifted but I don't think so...
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
BudShark said:
Bartram Springs (Phillips and Racetrack) so very close to 210.

I'm not home to check my signal strength on 103 tp1 but I will when I get home.

I noticed something very interesting last night though - which is why I wasn't concerned. At one point in the Sunday football game they talked about their online services. Well when they did that, you could see the EXACT same signal issues (pixelation) on the computer screen they were showing behind them. Thats why I assumed it was source and not my reception.

But I will check when I get home tonight and post what I am getting.

Chris

P.S. The reason I know its not a signal strength issue is because I worked closely with the installer when they were here to get the signal, wiring, etc. where I wanted it. I had a SWM and they hadn't seen one before so I basically did the install with the guy and we spent 45 minutes on signal alone. That was 8 months ago when I moved here. So it might have shifted or DirecTV might have drifted but I don't think so...
Sounds like you live relatively close. Funny thing, I get great signal on most of the satellites (101, 110, etc). it is just the 103 that is really poor. i tweaked my dish this morning, but no matter what i tried, could not get 103s tp1 above 23. I'd be interested to see what you're getting.

It sounds like the problem that you had last night is much more isolated than what most of us are getting. Really, for me, the HD locals have become unwatchable. they freeze up every 30 seconds or so. it is horrible. I know for sure that CBS and NBC do it. What channel did OSU get their butts kicked the other night? Was that ABC? That game was hard to watch due to reception.

Thanks (and Go Gators).
John
 

· Guest
Joined
·
155 Posts
buist said:
I am seeing the same thing (stuttering and other wierdness). This is on both HR20's.. I thought that it might be CE weirdness, but if this is happening on the national release, it has to be a transmission problem somewhere..

Tim
I've had these problems with my HR20-100 as well since Saturday. I'm currently on the NR, and the problems are not occurring on the OTA antenna I have setup.

I'm not at home at the moment to get my signal strengths but I called yesterday and they said they were fine and I have a call scheduled for next Monday. :confused:
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
62 Posts
Doug Brott said:
I just got word that DIRECTV has identified and corrected this problem. DIRECTV would like to thank you for the detail that you provided.
Doug, I don't frequent this forum too often, but I am curious, do you work for Directv, or just have a good contact? Either way, many, many thanks for posting. I'll see tonight if the HD issue is gone.

Also out of curiousity, what was the issue? and how did Directv resolve it?

Thanks again!
John
 

· Legend
Joined
·
261 Posts
Doug Brott said:
I just got word that DIRECTV has identified and corrected this problem. DIRECTV would like to thank you for the detail that you provided.
Doug,
that is awesome.. It is re-assuring to see how well Directv responds to reports like this..

Thanks,
Tim
 
1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top