DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· AllStar
98 Posts
No closed captioning on Channel 3 (WREG). SD and OTA HD CC is OK. Occasionally it also disappears from channel 13 (WHBQ). Again SD and OTA HD CC is OK.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
This past Saturday I was pleasantly surprised when I tuned into the Arkansas/Miss State football game on WLMT channel 30 and the game was in HD!!! And then I happened to flip channels the other night to WKNO and Antique Roadshow was in HD! Has DirecTV finally added WLMT & WKNO HD channels??

· Legend
175 Posts
brainwaver said:
This past Saturday I was pleasantly surprised when I tuned into the Arkansas/Miss State football game on WLMT channel 30 and the game was in HD!!! And then I happened to flip channels the other night to WKNO and Antique Roadshow was in HD! Has DirecTV finally added WLMT & WKNO HD channels??
Didn't know this. DirecTV.com now lists 3-WREG,5-WMC,10-WKNO,13-WHBQ,18-WMAV,24-WPTY, and 30-WLMT as available in HD.

· Hall Of Fame
1,237 Posts
brainwaver said:
Yeah, they added them a few weeks ago along with channel 18, WMAV as mentioned below.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17513645#post17513645

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
brainwaver said:
Yeah but here that game was unwatchable at times. There was alot of freeze ups and screen blurs during that Mississippi State @ Arkansas game last week. Now if News Channel 3 and ABC 24 would get off of their behinds and start producing their local news casts in HD the way WMC TV 5 is and WHBQ FOX 13 is Memphis channels would be set as far as being all HD.

· Legend
149 Posts
BahnBurner said:
Anyone else notice constant audio issues including the infamous brrrip dropouts during Fringe Thursday 12/10/09 on Fox13 WHBQ-HD?
Yeah, it actually started about 3/4 through "Bones" and continued through "Fringe".

Constant brriiips, sync issues and dropouts pretty much rendered the shows unwatchable.

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
WLMT Channel 30 just went HD close to the End of the SEC Football Season. Now that College Basketball season is in full swing, I pose this very important question. Why all of a sudden is WLMT Channel 30 no longer carrying SEC Basketball on Wednesday Nights? They carry the Saturday Afternoon Games, But no longer carry the Wednesday Night broadcasts like they have in previous years. The Memphis Market that also serves North Mississippi no longer has a channel that carries the telecasts. Why isn't Channel 30 carrying SEC Wednesday Night Games? I pose this question because the SEC Game last night was Mississippi State @ Vanderbilt but it wasn't carried in Memphis at all and the RSN Comcast Sportsnet Alternate Channel 643 which i believe is Comcast Sportsnets Mid Atlantic Alternate Channel had the game but was blacked out. Has Memphis lost SEC Wednesday Night Telecasts all together?

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
I just heard it on channel 3 news. WREG channel 3 will be OFF the air late Thursday night this week around 1 a.m. They are performing maintenance. I can only assume they are getting ready to transition the news cast to HD. This can only be a good thing.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,464 Posts
Msguy said:
I just heard it on channel 3 news. WREG channel 3 will be OFF the air late Thursday night this week around 1 a.m. They are performing maintenance. I can only assume they are getting ready to transition the news cast to HD. This can only be a good thing.
That was my thought/hope. I checked last night... and they did in fact go black at exactly 1:00AM.

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Anyone have any idea when WREG Newschannel 3 will start broadcasting the news in full HD? I heard them announce it about 2½ weeks ago that very soon they would in fact be broadcasting in Full HD within a few weeks. But they are still not. Anyone know? I'm hoping they will do it soon because NCAA Tournament time is coming up soon and I remember the problems FOX 13 had when they went Full HD. Their signal had alot of freezeups when they did their switchover and I sure hope that channel 3 doesn't have that problem when they switch. I'd hate to be trying to watch the tournament with a ton of freeze ups. That would be bad.

· Godfather
321 Posts
I was just switching around tonight off the antenna, and noticed that 30-2 out of Memphis was showing MY Network TV programming?? I guess they changed affiliations from RTV to My Network TV? Anybody else notice this?

· Hall Of Fame
1,237 Posts
Dan9 said:
I was just switching around tonight off the antenna, and noticed that 30-2 out of Memphis was showing MY Network TV programming?? I guess they changed affiliations from RTV to My Network TV? Anybody else notice this?
Isn't channel 50 showing MNTV also? Are both channels broadcasting the exact same thing?

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Greg Alsobrook said:
I heard a while back that WREG newscasts would be HD on April 19th, but I was asked not to say anything. Richard Ransom confirmed it for me on Twitter today, so I guess it's okay to let the cat out of the bag now. :)

Well Today is April 19th. Channel 3's news was not broadcast in HD here. Was there a delay in the start date for newscasts to start being in Full HD? I watched for it at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. and still not in HD. Maybe at 10 p.m.?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.