DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to HD Locals being available (mpeg4) in Tulsa, and OKC this month? I seem to remember reading it somewhere online. I even emailed DTV which they replied first part of December they would be live.

· AllStar
84 Posts
Good question. They have a few days until the new year and haven't delivered on most of the ones they promised market-wise.

But now that I Have the OTA activated, I am not so worried about it myself.

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get only 2 of my locals via OTA good enough to watch. The others pixelate too much. The ones I don't get are the channels I watch the most. So I have been waiting for DTV to hopefully fill in the gap.

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another thing. I am due to get my HR20 dvr today.. Should I not install all the updates? I mean would I be better off with how it comes out of the box? I dont mind if I dont have OTA active right now.

· AllStar
74 Posts
markrubi said:
Another thing. I am due to get my HR20 dvr today.. Should I not install all the updates? I mean would I be better off with how it comes out of the box? I dont mind if I dont have OTA active right now.
You dont have much of a choice. The HR20 will automatically download 10B upon install. Besides, who wouldn't want s/w that works better?

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,573 Posts
markrubi said:
What happened to HD Locals being available (mpeg4) in Tulsa, and OKC this month?
Don't feel picked on. They've filled in some channels, but they haven't added any markets since Thanksgiving.

If you look at the list on the DirecTV website, it shows that OKC is off the list but Tulsa is still on. That list expired last Friday when it officially became Winter. I seem to recall that someone who called DirecTV said that Oklahoma may have been postponed for a while.

Clearly, they aren't going to get anywhere near the list posted by the big guy: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=54698

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,573 Posts
swedishcancerboi said:
Besides, who wouldn't want s/w that works better?
"Better" is always a matter of context. There are some things that used to work "better" than they do now. If one of those is your pet feature, an older release may be preferable but, as you point out, not an option.

· AllStar
84 Posts
It's been suggested that the only reason Tulsa is even on the list is due to the fact that we have a large call center here.

Considering that OKC is larger, I'd think they'd get it before us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.