DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently receive San Francisco HD locals from Dish and was curious what the range of the locals would be. I see that the same spot beam appears to cover into parts of Nevada if I'm interpreting correctly, so my question is if I were to install a dish at a 2nd home in Reno, NV would I be able to receive the SF locals when I'm there using the receiver from SF? Reno HD Locals don't have an ETA yet.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Icon
701 Posts
michaeldthompson said:
I currently receive San Francisco HD locals from Dish and was curious what the range of the locals would be. I see that the same spot beam appears to cover into parts of Nevada if I'm interpreting correctly, so my question is if I were to install a dish at a 2nd home in Reno, NV would I be able to receive the SF locals when I'm there using the receiver from SF? Reno HD Locals don't have an ETA yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael,

I seriously doubt you will be able to receive the San Francisco HD Locals that far away. The San Francisco Locals are carried on a Spotbeam.

John

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
I don't think you'd have trouble getting the SF (or Sac or Chico) spotbeam in Reno. You are getting toward the edges of the spots as you head east from Reno. What you need is for Reno subscribers to report spotbeam signal strength for 119 Tr 7 (spot 4) for SF HD locals and 110 Tr 26 (spot 43) for SD locals. Just an eyeball of http://www.ekb.dbstalk.com/E10spots/e10t26.pdf shows the center of the spot to be about the same distance to SF as it is to Reno. Catching the eye of Reno subs might be easier with Reno in the subject. Or not the night before Turkey Day - have a good one!

EDIT: The Reno SD locals use spotbeam 4 (Tr 5) on 119. That same spotbeam 4 is used for SF's HD locals (Tr 7).

·
Icon
687 Posts
FWIW I'm on the edge of the Atlanta spot beam according to the map and have perfect signal strength on their 110 spot. The map is just an apoximate foot print.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.