DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Mentor
39 Posts
I'm having issues with some of the Seattle HD Locals:

• 4,7,13 show a big, blocky, pixelated screen of purplish color. No audio. There is no receiver error shown. The screen is not static, but doesn't really change much (i.e. a few blocks shift around/shift color).
  • 5 shows a black screen. No audio, no receiver error.
  • This is happening on Friday September 5 at 7am Pacific.
  • 22 seems to come in just fine.

Edited to add: As of 7:20am these seem to be back online.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
KOMO HD is missing this morning. The station was supposedly going dark for some tests earlier today, but SD version is available on Directv. I cannot receive this signal OTA, but since the digital feed is now used for both, it's not clear whether this is a Directv, station or LRF issue.

Edit (10:12 a.m.): Directv is now showing a slide saying that the station is working on the problem.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
I'd post this to the HD Locals forum, but it appears I don't have the ability to do so.

I'm in Seattle and Komo-4 (ABC), watching Lost and it's having dropout issues. I change the channel to 13 (FOX) and it's not having any issues.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Dropout issues I mean I see green blocks, stutter in picture, but no issue with audio.

8 Posts
Whew, glad it's not just me. I just had DirecTV installed yesterday and up until I sat down to watch Lost it was working perfectly. I was worried that something was wrong with my install and was not looking forward to figuring that out. Fortunately I still get the locals in HD via cable (still have it for broadband) so we could watch it live but the wife was sure throwing some dirty looks my way over having made the switch. Hopefully this type of issue isn't a regular occurrence.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
I recorded Life on Mars last night and watched it this morning. I saw a lot of blocking as well. It wasn't there earlier when I watched Jeopardy. I'm not seeing any issues with KOMO now, however.

Mugwump, :welcome_s to DBSTalk! These problems have been fairly rare, so enjoy.

8 Posts
I watched my recordings of Hell's Kitchen from Thursday and Sarah Connor Chronicles from Friday (both Fox 13 HD) and both of them exhibited serious breakup in the HD signal and eventually the HD shut off and the rest of the show was in SD. Did anyone else notice this and is this another problem with the transmission from the local to DirecTV?

· Registered
12,609 Posts
mugwump said:
I watched my recordings of Hell's Kitchen from Thursday and Sarah Connor Chronicles from Friday (both Fox 13 HD) and both of them exhibited serious breakup in the HD signal and eventually the HD shut off and the rest of the show was in SD. Did anyone else notice this and is this another problem with the transmission from the local to DirecTV?
It was a KCPQ problem, or maybe a FOX feed problem. I saw the same problems with KCPQ's off-air digital channel, too.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
KOMO (4) has been off, with a slide showing. Their web site said there was an electrical fire but that the station was on the air. The SD version shows up on Directv and I thought that both HD and SD versions were using the HD OTA signal??

· Icon
625 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. About an hour ago I was checking the QAM signals via Comcast and noticed 4.1 and 4.2 were showing "no signal". That may explain it. Just checked and the digital 4:3 (480i) is showing but not the HD feed or 4.2 (ThisTV).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.