DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed HD networks in my DirecTV program guide (channels 80-89). I have an HR20 receiver and I pay for the HD program package. Who is eligible to receive these HD networks? I have seen other forums saying that you can receive distant networks only if you don't have locals or if your receiver is in an RV. Do those folks get the HD networks? I'm confused............!!!

Jeanne K.

·
AllStar
57 Posts
Jeanne,

I live in NJ and I get all the locals from D* except chs 9(my9) and 11(CW11) which I get off air w/an attic antenna. The locals I receive are CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX.
I would call them to ascertain what exactly you should be getting.
Are you getting chs. 70 thru 79 and 95, 96??

Steve

·
AllStar
57 Posts
Local Channels Availability
Yes! Local channels are available in Springfield-Holyoke MA 01054. We've provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.

This is what came back when I punched in your zip:

Get a Package with Local ChannelsIt's easy to add local channels to your DIRECTV® programming package.

Order Now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HD Local Channels: High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are not available in your area at this time.

Available ChannelsNetwork Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel # (older receivers)
CBS WSHM 3
NBC WWLP 22
ABC WGGB 40
PBS WGBY 57
FOX WTIC 61

Standard Local Channels: You can receive these local channels using a DIRECTV® Multi-Satellite System. So sign up now for a package that includes local channels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. Hardware and programming sold separately.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried to reach you but I guess it was too late. I do get the local networks for my area but they are not in HD. My question was "who IS eligible to receive those HD distant networks??????

Jeanne K.

·
AllStar
57 Posts
I just PM'd you.........please call that #.

scorer1 said:
Tried to reach you but I guess it was too late. I do get the local networks for my area but they are not in HD. My question was "who IS eligible to receive those HD distant networks??????

Jeanne K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.