DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my DTV service to HD, and so far it is great. One thing I am confused about is the HD channels. Do any PPV movies air in HD? I note that any HD programs have the "HD" icon next to them, yet none of the PPV listings have this icon. Are there any PPV HD channels?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
BradBrening said:
Thanks! Sure enough, the description shows HD - just no icon in the guide.
The icon is hit or miss... the guide data has to be "flagged" as HD.
And some of these "primarily" HD stations, are not flagging their shows accordingly.

·
AllStar
52 Posts
BradBrening said:
Thanks! Sure enough, the description shows HD - just no icon in the guide.
Since I am a dish customer I am a bit curious. Are the movies on the HD PPV on directv any good? on the dish PPV for HD I have never seen any movies I had the slightest desire to watch.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
casolorz said:
Since I am a dish customer I am a bit curious. Are the movies on the HD PPV on directv any good? on the dish PPV for HD I have never seen any movies I had the slightest desire to watch.
Judge for yourself. This Tuesday and Wednesday, Ch 99 alternates between Nacho Libre and Over The Hedge. Thursday and Friday, Mission Impossible III is added to the mix. They're not always on during the evening hours, but you can record them on an HR10 or HR20 and watch them later.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
casolorz said:
When I've been curious enough to look at what's on HD PPV, I seem to have always been a little disappointed in the offerings (witness "Nacho Libre" and "Over the Hedge" as noted above). MI3 might be a better movie for HD PPV.

It all kind of depends on your tastes. I haven't yet actually purchased one of the HD PPVs. I would be more interested if they carried some of the events (UFC or Pride, for example) in HD.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Has anybody had success recording the CH99 PPV?

I have tried a couple of times but it hasn't worked. For example, I recorded "Failure to Launch" the other day.

The movie recorded as far as I can tell - list and time bar showed 1hr 36min of recording. When I played it, there was no confirmation about the PPV cost as there normally is. And about 10 min into the movie, it stopped an I got a message something like "searching for authorized content". I restarted the movie and tried to FF past it but it did it again.

I called D* tech support and all they asked me to reboot and see if the movie was still there - it was. They had no other ideas. The guy said to delete the movie and try it again. He was useless.

Earl, if this is a known issue, something noteworthy to pass along to pass along to the programmers... After this happened the first time and I called up the movie to play it a second time, the live TV box in the upper right hand corner would freeze after the "please wait" box would go away but before played the movie.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
$4.99, I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.