DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had another messed up recording last night. This time, it was the local broadcasters fault. But, for the life of me, I can't understand why Directv, when they know the station is down, shows a slide saying that the station is down and they are aware of the problem insteading of switching over to the national feed for that network.

Seriously, they know there's a problem, so why not switch to a working feed for that network? Instead of being able to watch The Office last night, I watched 23 minutes of The Office and 37 minutes of "We know there's a problem, no need to call".

Absolutely ridiculous. I know there's nothing Directv can do to fix the local broadcaster's problem, but there's no reason that they can't switch to the national feed until the problem is solved with the broadcaster.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
keith_benedict said:
Absolutely ridiculous. I know there's nothing Directv can do to fix the local broadcaster's problem, but there's no reason that they can't switch to the national feed until the problem is solved with the broadcaster.
Other than those little annoyances known as the law and FCC regs.... :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.