DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea when the sports packages (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc.). I am not talking about RSN feeds to those within the RSN area, but for those watching a game on one of those packages out of market.

For example, some Yankees games on YES says they are broadcast in HD. Can the only people who get these games in HD are those in NY that have YES as their RSN (cable or satellite)? Can those not in NY not get these games in HD? Same thing for NY Rangers on MSG network. How does someone outside of NYC get the games in MSG?

·
Icon
685 Posts
Wait! Wait! Wait! Neither Dish nor Directv show much of the pro sports in HD no matter how much money you spend. Go to HDsportsguide.com to see all those games you mentioned that ARE in HD but we get SD. If I am wrong will somebody please correct me. I only have NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan because of the lack of other sports packages in HD. Inhd has some NBA and hockey. I heard that Dish is supposed to add this channel soon.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Right now, E* only shows one game per night in HD via the sports packages. Currently, it will be either an NHL game and an NBA game. During the baseball season it has also been one game per night. We are all hoping this will increase in the future.

Also, E* does not currently have a contract to carry the YES channel making it impossible for any E* subscriber to watch YES in HD under any circumstance.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link to HDsportsguide.com. I see the Rangers will be on HDNet Saturday night. Looking forward since I can't get MSG HD.

·
Icon
685 Posts
n3ntj, You're welcome. Which system do you subscribe to? So far HDsportsguide has been very accurate. They don't call out upconverted golf and such as true HD. Again does anybody know for sure about somebody sat. getting INHD? Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DirecTV.. I have the NHL Center Ice and MLB packages. Waiting spring to see how many Yankees games in HD we can get outside the NYC area.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Last year most if not all Yankee games that were available in HD were shown on Channel 95. (All Yankee home games and certain roadies. (Games at Boston, Toronto and a few other close cities to NYC). These were shown inside AND outside NYC unless you had a situation where a team in your home market was playing the Yankess then you would have had the Yankees HD feed blacked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts