DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Historically, My local team has been blacked out on ST and the Superfan HD broadcast. I know this was case even as recentlya s week 1 this year.

This week, I received the HD broadcast of the Eagles/Cowboys game in HD through superfan...

Has there been a chnage in policy or was i just lucky?

·
Icon
545 Posts
mikewolf13 said:
Historically, My local team has been blacked out on ST and the Superfan HD broadcast. I know this was case even as recentlya s week 1 this year.

This week, I received the HD broadcast of the Eagles/Cowboys game in HD through superfan...

Has there been a chnage in policy or was i just lucky?
I don't know if there has been a "change in policy" or not, but so far this year only the SD ST channels have been blacked out when local stations have broadcast the games! In my case it's great because the local MPEG4 HD is realy hard to watch!!

·
Icon
642 Posts
I believe all HD games with the Superfan package are broadcast regardless. NO blackout rules apply.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
mluntz said:
I believe all HD games with the Superfan package are broadcast regardless. NO blackout rules apply.
It hasn't been that way in the past but for some reason this year in *some* markets* the HD ST games haven't been blacked out. I for one am loving it since my CBS OTA can be bad. It could be the fact that OTA isn't activated yet on the HR20 and DirecTV got the NFL and networks to back down on the HD blackouts because of it.

·
Godfather
289 Posts
iceman2a said:
In my case it's great because the local MPEG4 HD is realy hard to watch!!
Hey, Iceman - thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware I could catch the HD feed of the Pats games on 719 + up.

Agree, too, that the MPEG-4 of CBS (and NBC), which is 1080i, is horrible in the Boston market. ABC and Fox, both 720p, are much, much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.