DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my wife a new Vizio 22 inch HD TV for her desk. She likes to watch tv while doing computer stuff. The only connection near the desk is a coax cable connector that terminates in the basement where I have a new HR20-700 that powers three tvs in the house. Given that there is ony a coax wire running to her desk, is there any kind of converter I can get that will allow her to get an HD picture?

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i thought. I guess my only option will be to bring the HR20 upstairs to her desk and hook it up via the coax. Only problem is that she would be limited to one tuner as there is only one coax cable from the multiswitch.
Then I could order a new non HD receiver to power the other two tv's currently supported by the basement hook up.

· AllStar
59 Posts
I had a similar situation with a TV in the kitchen. My HR-21 had several composite type outputs (red white yellow) on the back. I purchased a RF Modulator like this one from Amazon

It converts the composite signal to rgb and I can then use the coax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.