DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying my mom her first hd set this weekend and have a few questions about upgrading. She has an old 18" dish with 1 wire running into the house for her only tv. She would like to put her new hd box at this location and move her old tv and standard def box to her bedroom. Will directv install a swm system or run new wires from the dish to both of the tv locations, she really doesn't want any more than 1 wire running into her house from the outside. Hope I explained this correctly.

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Yes, they will install SWM. The SD box will most likely have to be upgraded depending on the specific model, to an SWM compatible receiver (it can still be SD).

The SWM dish will allow only one coax, but exactly how it is routed from the outside to both inside locations is up to the installer. Very possible there would be a splitter outside, with the coax to the bedroom going there on the outside of the house.

When you call DirecTV, make sure you specify both the upgrade to HD, the addition of an HD receiver, and that you will retain and move the SD receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.