DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on semi-infinite hold for my 622/211/Dish1000 install which I signed up for on Dec. 12th (install scheduled for Jan.8-10.) Dish was a no-show for install and now they can't give me a new date since 622's and Dish1000's are not available. (At least not available for a 10+ year customer.)
Since I'm on permanent hold, I've been investigating further into my upgrade.
I currently have a SuperDish121 and a Dish500 aimed at 61.5 (4 LNB's feeding my DPP44 Switch.) I have excellent signal levels for 61.5, 110, and 119 but lousy level for 121. (It turns out that I have absolutely no use for the 121 bird anyway.)
After a little searching I find that the Dish installers did a shabby job on that huge SuperDish installation by simply ignoring the specified requirement for added support brackets for the SuperDish.
So it appeared that a Dish1000 (110, 119, &129) would be the perfect solution to get rid of a lousy SuperDish installation and preclude the requirement for two dishes.

But now I read countless horror stories about 129 problems with Dish1000, many seem to be associated with low signal level.

QUESTION?? Can I feed my DPP44 with LNB signals from both 61.5 and 129 ??

Or must I feed from either, but not both simultaneously???

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts and insights on this subject.

Thanks, chasby

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
From the Heartland of America, I can state that the Dish 1000 works fine for me with "occasional" rain-fade. My TP levels on 129 are about 20 points lower than they are on 110/119, but no dropouts in normal weather. As always, YMMV.

Yes, the DPP-44 will take inputs from up to four LNB's, so you can have 119/110/129/61.5 (I think that's the preferred input order on the switch) switched to all your receivers. Remember, the internal DP-Twin switch on the Dish 1000 is disabled when connected to an external switch, so all LNB feeds go directly to the DPP-44.

The Dish 1000 fit onto the same mounting bracket that the Dish 500 had, but I don't know much about the Superdish.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
The problems with 129 are more relevant for customers like myself on the fringe of the coverage area. With a properly aimed Dish1000 in the midwest you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.