DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced audio dropouts after rewinding a live MPEG4 program then FF back to live? I can reproduce this problem consistently. If I change channels and return the audio goes back to normal.

My system is all HDMI with HR20 connected to JVC RX-D412B to Vizio P50. I'm going to check whether this happens over component and RCA directly to the television this weekend.

·
Godfather
573 Posts
ManOfChill said:
Has anyone else experienced audio dropouts after rewinding a live MPEG4 program then FF back to live? I can reproduce this problem consistently. If I change channels and return the audio goes back to normal.

My system is all HDMI with HR20 connected to JVC RX-D412B to Vizio P50. I'm going to check whether this happens over component and RCA directly to the television this weekend.
I don't think this is HDMI related. I see this quite frequently. Often the audio sync will be off as well. Sometimes you can just hit pause and then play and it will correct itself. I have component cables connected as well as the HDMI and if I switch over to that the problem remains.
John

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you're correct it doesn't seem to be HDMI related.

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed via software update. :sure:

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I've had this since installation (version 0xCC) but it is less now than before. If you start getting the audio dropouts, hitting "jump back" once will solve them, and you won't miss the extra six seconds unless you're watching a tight ball game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.