DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a second due to finally getting a new tv with 2 hdmi inputs. I have one that I bought from monoprice and was wondering if the cable that came with the HR20 was a good one.

I searched this forum but didn't really see any comments on it, just wondering if I should use it or buy another from monoprice.

thanks

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
elwaylite said:
I need a second due to finally getting a new tv with 2 hdmi inputs. I have one that I bought from monoprice and was wondering if the cable that came with the HR20 was a good one.

I searched this forum but didn't really see any comments on it, just wondering if I should use it or buy another from monoprice.

thanks
HDMI cables carry digital signals, 1's and 0's. They either get to their destination or they don't. Use the one that came with the HR20 or buy a cheap one. Do not waste your money on expensive HDMI cables.

Mark

·
Hall Of Fame
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mjwagner said:
HDMI cables carry digital signals, 1's and 0's. They either get to their destination or they don't. Use the one that came with the HR20 or buy a cheap one. Do not waste your money on expensive HDMI cables.

Mark
Thats kinda what I was wondering. Monster has got the market hussle cornered on cables.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
elwaylite said:
I wonder what in the heck it came with then. I have hdmi to hdmi and a hdmi to dvi cables that came together with something.
Do you have an HR10-250? I know they came with those two cables. None of my HR20s included hdmi cables, I used the ones from my HR10. Since I have had 6 HR10's (because of replacements), I had a few laying around...:D

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
Dave_S said:
Do you have an HR10-250? I know they came with those two cables. None of my HR20s included hdmi cables, I used the ones from my HR10. Since I have had 6 HR10's (because of replacements), I had a few laying around...:D
My HR20 came with an HDMI to HDMI cable in the box. I was replacing an HR10-250 so just used the one I was already using so I have the one that came with my HR20 still wrapped up in plastic.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
nocaster said:
I might have been ripped off by the installer. My box was open when he brought it in.
My HR20 was delivered on Sept.11 and contained, as also listed in the D* HR20 "Box Contents", "Cables: A/V (RCA); S-Video; Component (YPbPr)". NO HDMI. I ordered them from Monoprice.

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
RobTorrey said:
My HR20 was delivered on Sept.11 and contained, as also listed in the D* HR20 "Box Contents", "Cables: A/V (RCA); S-Video; Component (YPbPr)". NO HDMI. I ordered them from Monoprice.
I noticed that too in the box contents list and thought it odd when I unpacked the box contents. I threw all the cables that I did not use (which was most of them since I was replacing an HR10-250) right back in the box which is where they still are, including the HDMI cable. Guess I'm just lucky....

·
DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
mjwagner said:
I noticed that too in the box contents list and thought it odd when I unpacked the box contents. I threw all the cables that I did not use (which was most of them since I was replacing an HR10-250) right back in the box which is where they still are, including the HDMI cable. Guess I'm just lucky....
Hmmm..[conspiracy theory]They must not want us to USE hdmi...[/conspiracy theory] :D :D

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
islesfan said:
Only the component cables came with the HR20.
Want me to send you a picture of the HDMI cable that came in the box with my HR20-700..:)

Just kidding, no big deal here, just that I did get an HDMI cable in the box with mine. Not sure why or how...

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Some installation companies provide the HDMI cables that D* tells them to have handy. Ironwood, at least here in SLC, does not provide even tho the installation videos tell me they are to. After a couple calls to customer retention when I got my second unit didn't help (CSR didn't have an item on the listing for cable so Ironwood said no deal) I just went ahead with the cables I had from HR10 replacements.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
224 Posts
i've mentioned this before, on the official HR20 installers video(which i still have on my TIVO), the chief D tech guy states that the installer MUST SUPPLY AND USE HDMI if the customer's television supports HDMI.

of course only geeks like us watched that type of stuff...the actual installers and CSRs are clueless about this

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.