DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
14,539 Posts
"Monoprice cables give you a fuzzy picture, you'll want this Monster cable."

That's what some dipwad at BB told me when I was buying BR player and said I'd get my cable online. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

· Mentor
48 Posts
Originally Posted by spartanstew View Post
www.monoprice.com

The ONLY place to buy cables.
Monoprice does have decent cables and prices but Blue Jeans Cable also has great prices and even better cables. I am running one of their cables 75 feet at 1080p/60 with no issues whatever.

Also, IMHO, their service and delivery speed is better than Monoprice.

"Monoprice cables give you a fuzzy picture, you'll want this Monster cable. (Best Buy)"
Yeah, just because they have a polo shirt with a logo doesn't mean they know s**t. If they weren't working there, they would be asking you if you wanted fries. Plus Monster stuff is overpriced and they spend the extra on suing other companies because they think they own the word "Monster". DO NOT BUY MONSTER and support their snake oil selling ways!

· Mentor
34 Posts
CCDMan said:
Monoprice does have decent cables and prices but Blue Jeans Cable also has great prices and even better cables. I am running one of their cables 75 feet at 1080p/60 with no issues whatever.

Also, IMHO, their service and delivery speed is better than Monoprice.
I don't have experience with Blue Jeans Cable but Monoprice always shipped my orders same day or next day. I don't know how that could be beat.

· Mentor
34 Posts
sigma1914 said:
"Monoprice cables give you a fuzzy picture, you'll want this Monster cable."

That's what some dipwad at BB told me when I was buying BR player and said I'd get my cable online. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
Yeah and BB also tries to upsell you an extended warranty on Logitech keyboards which already have 5 year warranty :rolleyes:

· Godfather
452 Posts
CCDMan said:
DO NOT BUY MONSTER and support their snake oil selling ways!
http://consumerist.com/362926/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables

Not HDMI, but still says something about Monster.
IMO, all HDMI cables are the same. Granted you may have to replace the el cheapo cables from monoprice every few years at worst, but it's still cheaper than buying a $100 HDMI cable with wire mesh around it...
Besides, 10 years from now HDMI probably won't be the big thing anymore, it will be some new weird connection.

· Hall Of Fame
2,396 Posts
If you don't subject them to physical stresses like repeated yanking or bending, you'll never have to replace them. You WILL want bigger guage wire for longer runs. Performance of the same guage monster and monoprice cables (or coat hanger wire for that matter) will be identical. I guess your average Joe who just spent $1500 on a TV doesn't flinch when the sales guy says he needs a $100 cable (which likely costs $2 to make). Monster has exploited that psychological effect brilliantly in order to deceive their way to a $500 million dollar empire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.