DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Legend
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is wishfull thinking but it doesn't hurt ot ask. I am upgrading to D* HD next Saturday after 6 years of standard watching. I want to be prepared to have an HDMI cable if the installation doesn't provide one. I am willing to bet I will need to get one on my own.
Thanks

· Registered
15,592 Posts
While a HDMI cable doesn't come in the box for the HR20, the training video that D* was showing says that the installer is supposed to supply one if the customer doesn't have one. They tell the installer to use the best possible connection when hooking things up, HDMI, then DVI, then component.

· AllStar
74 Posts
rirwin1983 said:
if the installer dosent provide one as required, call up d* and tell them that you had to buy ur own, they probally/should credit your account for the cost
Any success with approach? I haven't read of a tech actually showing up with one yet.

· Legend
170 Posts
RAD said:
While a HDMI cable doesn't come in the box for the HR20, the training video that D* was showing says that the installer is supposed to supply one if the customer doesn't have one. They tell the installer to use the best possible connection when hooking things up, HDMI, then DVI, then component.
I agree that we are supposed to have them but our offices usually dont have them. Thats what the problem is.
Everytime i go and get equipment I ask for them but nothing...all the other techs get them and you know what they are doing with them.....

· Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
Neither the H20 or the HR20 come with HDMI cables the installer will use what come in the receiver and the installation video is telling them to use the best available connection with whats available;same as a dvd player they do not come with component cables yet they have the outputs there which is the best for them neither do tv sets best connections and the manufacturers only put in the same composite cables if the wallet is feeling light hit up www.monoprice.com i think thats the website if not someone can put in a good one there

· Mentor
36 Posts
RAD said:
Monoprice.com has very good and low price HDMI cables.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.