DBSTalk Forum banner

HDMI new issue

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  P Smith 
#1 ·
I have an hr21-700 dvr in my basement.

I have component going to my projector, and hdmi going to the tv that sits behind the projector.

The tv is not used for directv watching that often. It is mostly used for WII.

But sometime in the last week (I believe), the tv connected by hdmi is blank. Component to projector works fine.

I tried the hdmi output on the tv to my blu ray and it works fine.

I also disconnected everything except the hdmi and it did not work.

So, I now have the tv connected via composite and it works, but I have to deal with the annoying "change resolution to sd" message.

Is this related to the new update? Or is it possible the hdmi port on the receiver just died?

#6 ·
Since a new cable has already been tried and its happening on all channels. If after a receiver restart the HDMI connection is still blank, then I think its pretty apparent the HDMI port circuitry is toast.

Time for a service call and/or receiver replacement I'm afraid ... :nono2:

#7 ·
Did you try a different hdmi input on the tv? Sometimes they can go bad too.

#9 ·
If its just a bad HDMI port then just so you know, its like pulling teeth to get D* to replace a box for that. You almost have to either fib about its symptoms or request a tech visit. If a tech rolls then there is a good chance you would get a newer HD DVR then the one you have as they usually replace them without hesitation. One reason is, if they dont replace it and then you call back within so many days with the issue then they get a charge back. That being said they are a lot more proactive then the reps on the phone. Do you have the Protection Plan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.