DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I was one of the fortunate ones. At least until Saturday, that is.

Apologies if this has already been covered - I don't have time to search through hundreds of threads to check - so thread crappers, deal with it!

Here's what happened...

I disconnected my HDMI cable from my HR20 and Vizio L32 TV to watch a movie using my Philips up-converting DVD player. When I reconnected, all I got was a blue screen. I tried rebooting and reconnecting and, although I got the "powering up" and "checking your settings" screens, it still went to blue. I connected component cables and it works fine.

Is this the same problem others are having or a new one? I suspect the former.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Guindalf said:
Well, I guess I was one of the fortunate ones. At least until Saturday, that is.

Apologies if this has already been covered - I don't have time to search through hundreds of threads to check - so thread crappers, deal with it!

Here's what happened...

I disconnected my HDMI cable from my HR20 and Vizio L32 TV to watch a movie using my Philips up-converting DVD player. When I reconnected, all I got was a blue screen. I tried rebooting and reconnecting and, although I got the "powering up" and "checking your settings" screens, it still went to blue. I connected component cables and it works fine.

Is this the same problem others are having or a new one? I suspect the former.
With all the problems reported concerning HDMI, I wonder if there could be a static discharge problem when removing the cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.