DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the HR20 and it's being installed next week. Am I corrected to assume that I will have to purchase my own HDMI cable? I don't think the cable is included with the receiver.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Chances are you will have to provide your own cable.

There was an installer training video that many of us saw stating the installer was required to provide the cable. This was meant for internal training and not for consumers to see, so we have no way of knowing if it was an error, perhaps superceded by later decisions, or maybe it is just being ignored by installers.

It is not in the box with the receiver, and most customers must supply their own HDMI cable.

·
AllStar
57 Posts
The HR20 & H20 boxes have trouble "seeing" the HDMI input. According to HD tech support, a patch will be sent in Feb/March to correct the problem. I cant use HDMI w/my H20. It was working then when I did a reset it was gone.

ahrjmr said:
Thanks for your help.

Jim

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SNAP said:
The HR20 & H20 boxes have trouble "seeing" the HDMI input. According to HD tech support, a patch will be sent in Feb/March to correct the problem. I cant use HDMI w/my H20. It was working then when I did a reset it was gone.
I setup my HDMI cable to my Olevia 432 and I haven't had any problems with the input. The HR20 receiver and the tv are "talking" to each other.

Jim

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
No problems with my Panny TVs and the HDMI.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
I got my HDMI cable (with gold contacts) at Target for $40 and it works great. I've seen these things for $100~$250 at some places.

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
HDMI cables are $6.37 at monoprice.com or $5.30 if you get 2 to 5 of them. Nice cables - gold plated contacts, ferrite cores at the ends.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Go big and get that super THX Certified HDMI cable from Monster. 4' only $119 at Best Buy. That fancy packaging makes the digital bits work better ya know :lol:

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Go big and get that super THX Certified HDMI cable from Monster. 4' only $119 at Best Buy. That fancy packaging makes the digital bits work better ya know :lol:
:icon_lol: :rolling: !rolling

1 - 14 of 14 Posts