DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with the HDMI hookup between my new Panny 50" 9UK and my H20. Running the HDMI cable directly to the plasma gives me a wonderful picture for all HD channels (OTA and satellite) but when I switch to any non-HD channel I get a "no signal" message and a blank screen. The direct connection via the component cables works normally.

I presume there is something I am overlooking, but a couple of hours of staring at the manuals was unproductive.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Randy in Pittsbugh

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
If HDMI works for HD but not SD the usual problem is that you are sending the TV a resolution that it can't handle. I don't know your TV so can't give you a precise answer. What resolution(s) are set on your H20?

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, texasbrit. I have selected each of the listed resolutions in the H20 setup. The TV is a new Panasonic HD plasma. It handles all resolutions OK when I use the component output from the H20

·
5 Posts
I had the same problem. I just went into the setup menu, and turned off the 480i. When I tried to watch SD in 480i I got the message of "Mode Not Supported". So I guess I have to watch all SD in 480p.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
I'm glad you got it worked out. When I connected my 23" Philips LCD HDTV
via HDMI/DVI, all channels, HD, digital SD and analog SD locked in precisely
without changing any settings other than switching my display's input from
component to DVI.

If you are interested in learning more about the characteristics of HDMI, DVI
and Component, check out this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.