DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my TV hooked up with both HDMI and Component cables as I had read here about all the issues people had with HDMI connections. I have been using HDMI for 2 weeks now, but...

I am wanting to test the component output vs. HDMI on my TV to determine picture, speed of channel changing, etc..., but my TV isn't picking up the signal from the HR20.

Does the HR20 transmit both - or do I need to disconnect the HDMI cable, and restart the maching to get componenet output to work? Thanks

· Legend
125 Posts
From what I have read the HR20 outputs all video channels at the same time so they are always all on.

Basically (I am assuming you have this directly to a TV), most TVs and AVRs will take the highest signal first if its there.

So if you have HDMI, Component and S Video all connected, it will take HDMI first everytime unless its not there.

I think you will have to unplug it or find out if there is a way on your TV to choose what input it is taking.

On my AVR works like I stated above if I leave it in auto, but I can force it to use any input I want.

· AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it connected to my TV via a differnt input vs HDMI. So its not my TV.

I'll try disconnecting the HDMI and then seeing if the component will being working.

· Legend
125 Posts
RussFor said:
I have it connected to my TV via a differnt input vs HDMI. So its not my TV.

I'll try disconnecting the HDMI and then seeing if the component will being working.
Well it could be your TV its just that you dont have it connected to the tv, but that is mostlikely what the TV would do anywya.

How do you have it connected? AVR or a switcher?

Most equipment as I stated before unless you can force it to only look at a certain input will pick which ever is highest on the food chain, currently that is HDMI. So I would unplug it or find if whatever you are connecting it to can shut it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.