DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Poking around on the monoprice web site - I found this info - Also if you plan in wall install-Test the cable before you put it in the wall.

Note - TO OP - Your cable may be fine but your equipment may not be happy with it.

The maximum range for HDMI is not set and can vary from one set up to another. That is one pair of equipment may be able to function at one distance, but another pair of equipment may work at a much longer range.

Basically, with regards to high speed certified performance standards, 28AWG cables can go up to 10ft, 24AWG can go up to 15ft and 22AWG can go up to 25ft.

For more basic requirements like 1080p, most equipment will function up to 50ft using 22AWG cables. But again, results can vary from one set up to another. Most pairs can even do 75ft with the amplified cables (75ft 26AWG CL2 Standard HDMI® Cable w/ Built-in Equalizer - ).

Beyond that it can be hit or miss and you have to try it with your particular set up to get a definite answer.

Like Life it's a crap -shoot :sure:

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
ms1960 said:
Ok guys have not had time to try anything lately till today but what I did was reverse the connections I hooked up in the bedroom the hdmi out of the directv receiver to the living room where I connected to the sony tv and it works perfect. When I had from the fta in living room to samsung tv in bedroom will not work. Whats the problem?
HDMI IS "Beyond that it can be hit or miss and you have to try it with your particular set up to get a definite answer".

Samsung (HDMI ISSUE)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.