DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got my HDTV yesterday. I have DISH and the pvr 501. Im hesitant about getting the 6000 because Im not sure it would be worth it with limited channels. Im just wondering exatcly how many DISH channels are broadcast in HDTV?

Thanks

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Dish HD Demo Channel (61.5 Only)
HD PPV Channel
HBO HD
Showtime HD
WCBS-DT and KCBS-DT (you must qualify)
Discovery Theater HD (8PSK)

·
Icon
955 Posts
HBO, Showtime, Discovery HD Theater, WCBS (if you qualify), PPV & Demo Ch.

HDNet will probably be next.

With the 8VSB tuner module you can integrate the local OTAs if you can receive them.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts

·
Icon
955 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure, Steve.

Charlie told us they've had cordial talks with HDNet. If the merger fails or get's delayed what's to stop them from putting it up now that they're moving to 8PSK?

While I wouldn't expect it until the fall, I believe E* intends to stay one step ahead of D* w/HDTV until the merger is definate.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
It all depends on what Cuban wants to do, and when will he start chagring for carriage of HDNet

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
If you have locals broadcasting in HD it may be worth it.

G

·
The studios have a lot to say about what gets put on satellite as far as HDTV goes. I think E* is going to, or has, dropped the HDTV PPV channel because studio's are concerned about copyright violations involving making HD copies and have limited the amount of software available.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,637 Posts
Looks like WJXT is the only local you have available. I know you stated that you don't watch locals, but until you have seen some shows in HD (especially PBS), you may change your mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.