DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
pogo said:
The fix is I should watch SD on my HDTV so my wife can watch SD in the kitchen?
No, the fix is watch SD on your HDTV so your wife in the kitchen can change the channel on whatever you are watching using the guide. If you are watching something in HD, keep watching it in HD. The wife can still watch in SD. If she wants the channel changed, she can yell "Honey, switch to something else". Maybe even join you in the LR, to decide, using the pretty HD guide.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
NFLnut said:
In my case of pressing and holding the exit button, I am using the DirecTV remote that came with the box. And it doesn't work. The full screen "Your TV Is Not HD" banner remains and all I get is the "BONG BONG BONG BONG .." sound effect. Great programming skillz there, DirecTV!
Or a bad remote. I just tried it with 3 different DirecTv remotes, and all three worked. All 3 were set to the standard codeset, if that matters.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
TomCat said:
and we certainly won't be on board for doing that by down-rezzing the quality of the content.
Wish you ran our market. So many subchannels the primary HD channel looks like crap. PBS downrezzing from 1080i to 720p and cramming on 3 subchannels. I get much better quality watching the networks via C band distribution...Except for FOX, which apparently feels the need to scramble theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.