DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Maruuk said:
Here's what's crazy: I added a check in the 480i box that hadn't been previously checked, went out to the living room and bingo, everything worked great! The HDUI via the SD Rabbit feed was now properly scaled into 480i--made it appropriately blurry--but it was all there just fine, everything worked as per usual, no annoying giant warning blocker. HDUI scaled right into SD perfectly. Problem solved.

The next day, blammo, right back to the warning blocker. So I check on my base set, and somehow the 480i box is now magically UNSET. So I check it again, go out to the living room, but now, no deal, warning blocker again. Checked back on the main TV--the 480i is still set correctly. Huh? Impossible. Worked fine the day before.

So we know from this that it CAN work fine, it just doesn't want to. D* hardware is such a screwed up mess.
Only 480i can be selected. In order for the HDGUI to display on an SD TV, the resolution must be changed to 480i. The best way to do this is to follow the instructions in the warning when displayed on the SD TV. Just adding 480i to the list of selected resolutions will not accomplish anything when viewing HD programming.

Your other option is to get a component to composite converter.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Maruuk said:
1.) Why did just adding 480i work fine the first day? According to the above that would be impossible, but I swear, it worked great like that for hours.

2) When the warning blocker comes on, pressing and holding the EXIT button does nothing. Tried it for long periods of time.

3) So checking ONLY the 480i box is one solution?
1) You were most likely wathcing SD programming when that worked. Since without 480i checked the receiver upconverts to whatever other resolution is checked, SD programming without 480i checked will trigger the warning message.

2) It should. Never tried it myself, but it's worked for others.

3) Correct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.