DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This when used with an SD "Rabbit"-style transmitter. Which obviously is not HD. But the HD content gets sent over just fine. Blocked by this big warning that my TV is not HD (actually it is but the Rabbit is not) all because their new HDUI can't deal with SD in any way, shape or form.

So D* HD content goes out via RCAs in SD fine, but their damned HDUI can't scale via the composite outs and it blocks everything with this giant warning message. Swell.

Anybody got a solution?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davenlr: You're a GENIUS! I didn't have that box selected in my vid output since I didn't need it for my local set, and it sent SD out fine to the remote set. But by selecting 480i out, it allowed the HDUI to scale to SD perfectly. Awesome, thanks!

Richie: Stop making ill-conceived assumptions about other posters. Obviously, I went to SEARCH first. Got no coherent information. Go stalk somebody else.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what's crazy: I added a check in the 480i box that hadn't been previously checked, went out to the living room and bingo, everything worked great! The HDUI via the SD Rabbit feed was now properly scaled into 480i--made it appropriately blurry--but it was all there just fine, everything worked as per usual, no annoying giant warning blocker. HDUI scaled right into SD perfectly. Problem solved.

The next day, blammo, right back to the warning blocker. So I check on my base set, and somehow the 480i box is now magically UNSET. So I check it again, go out to the living room, but now, no deal, warning blocker again. Checked back on the main TV--the 480i is still set correctly. Huh? Impossible. Worked fine the day before.

So we know from this that it CAN work fine, it just doesn't want to. D* hardware is such a screwed up mess.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1.) Why did just adding 480i work fine the first day? According to the above that would be impossible, but I swear, it worked great like that for hours.

2) When the warning blocker comes on, pressing and holding the EXIT button does nothing. Tried it for long periods of time.

3) So checking ONLY the 480i box is one solution?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have a standard D* remote, but I am in another room using RF which in my case is intermittent and wanky both in the remote living room location and right in front of the main set/DVR in the bedroom. Lots of non-inputs and repeat inputs on single clicks. Maddening. Some kind of RF interference as IR and my iPad remote work fine. This HR24-500 RF problem is well-documented elsewhere. I have both a standard remote and one of the new self-lit jobs. I thought the new remote might help but nope.

I'll try firing up my iPad remote and using that for the EXIT conversion to 480.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I've tried 3 different remotes and the iPad remote and the EXIT hold down either does nothing or forces a mode change into a live channel. Mostly it does nothing. It certainly doesn't change resolution output.

In short bursts the HDUI is on screen, downscaled nicely to SD and working like it should so it CAN do the job fine, but the frickin warning blocker suddenly kicks in and wrecks everything. Way to go D*, another brilliant execution choked away by the geniuses in R&D. "Let's stick a huge warning sign on screen over the perfectly good downscaled HDUI so the user can't watch anything!" Forrest Gump lives.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
All my remotes are stock D* units, including the new backlit one I ordered thinking it might solve some issues. It didn't.

Now I understand the warning blocker coming on if the HDUI is incapable of downscaling based on my current settings. But there it is, looking good in downscaled SD and running fine, and then suddenly the %&$%$#@ blocker pops on and ruins the party.

I'll try that "turn off NATIVE" thing today, maybe that's the problem. I don't mind switching back and forth between HD and SD, as long as it's just a button push or two. Though some guys have said they had to turn their units on and off, or worse.

If I can't fix it I'll just suck it up and get the remote receiver deal.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Was running it tonight, using the FF and some :30 skip the HDUI comes on (in SD of course), looking fine, no warning. Used it for about 10 minutes then finally the warning blocker comes on out of the blue telling me that it can't do what it's been doing for 10 minutes.

D*. What can't they get wrong?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.