DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
pogo said:
Wonderful. I have a box that outputs HD and SD simultaneously -- So D*s fix for that problem is to give me a guide that can't be simultaneously output SD and HD. No problem.
The fix is I should watch SD on my HDTV so my wife can watch SD in the kitchen? Surely the people who are saying just switch to 480i/p can't be serious? BTW, what new features in the HD guide would I care about, anyway? Faster would have been good, but that ain't gonna happen.
It's a HD box so it's primary function is HD. Just because they allowed people to use the SD outputs at the same time does not mean that they support or care about people who decided to use it this way.

There are options out there to get which have been discussed multiple times in multiple threads. At this point you need to just look for a resolution that you want to do whether it's buying a converter, using 480 or getting a receiver for that room.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
I know it was my words I typed them. I also typed them for a specific reason and that reason is this. If you design a product to be used in a specific manner and people use it in another manner you don't care if it will make something happen in a manner you don't support if it makes your product better for people using it correctly.

I could use some analogy's and examples but then the next 2 pages would be about who's analogy is better or more appropriate.

The bottom line is that DIRECTV doesn't support their equipment being used for multiple TV's and even though you can make it work they don't have to care about inconveniencing people who aren't using their product the way they design it to better the experience for those who do.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
Maruuk said:
I've tried 3 different remotes and the iPad remote and the EXIT hold down either does nothing or forces a mode change into a live channel. Mostly it does nothing. It certainly doesn't change resolution output.

In short bursts the HDUI is on screen, downscaled nicely to SD and working like it should so it CAN do the job fine, but the frickin warning blocker suddenly kicks in and wrecks everything. Way to go D*, another brilliant execution choked away by the geniuses in R&D. "Let's stick a huge warning sign on screen over the perfectly good downscaled HDUI so the user can't watch anything!" Forrest Gump lives.
Holding exit while in a recording will drop it out of the recording. You need to press and hold exit while the banner is up. Also make sure Native is off.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
I haven't heard of a specific issue for 3rd party remotes but it is possible that third party remotes don't have the exact specific behavior of a long press as it wasn't used prior. Some remotes could stop sending the IR signal after the initial "command" was sent rather than repeating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.