DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got Directv installed 2 days ago. My Landlord came by, took one look at the dish and says he want's it moved up higher. He say's there's a building code that the dish must have a certain head clearance over a walkway? It's mounted on the side of the building, and there is a walkway that goes to the 2nd entrance. The installer didn't want to use a ladder, you can just walk right up to the dish and your face-to-face with it.

Will it cost anything to have it moved up? I agree that it is pretty low, but it's otherwise a good/neat install. The lowest signal strength I have is a 97, highest is 100.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
1 story or 2?

It can't be too high if there is a overhang above it as it will block out the signal

·
Icon
1,671 Posts
If you allowed him to install it there then expect a charge of $49 to have it moved. Calling the installer will most likely get you nothing. You should call DTV and explain you thought it was ok to have it there but landlord doesnt like it they will set you up an upgrade for $49 to have it moved.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
...there is a walkway that goes to the 2nd entrance. The installer didn't want to use a ladder, you can just walk right up to the dish and you're face-to-face with it.
Laziness, combined with an obvious lack of common sense will always result in less than satisfactory results.

·
AllStar
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
...there is a walkway that goes to the 2nd entrance. The installer didn't want to use a ladder, you can just walk right up to the dish and you're face-to-face with it.

Laziness, combined with an obvious lack of common sense will always result in less than satisfactory results.
Did I spell something wrong? Last time I checked, "you're" is correct. So, the installer is lazy and I have no common sense?

·
AllStar
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a 3 story apartment building. I don't have the installers number, so I'll have to call DIRECTV. I don't care that it's low, infact the other buildings on my street have the dishes at the same height, so my Landlord can pay the $49 to have it moved, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
F1aReD said:
Just got Directv installed 2 days ago. My Landlord came by, took one look at the dish and says he want's it moved up higher. He say's there's a building code that the dish must have a certain head clearance over a walkway? It's mounted on the side of the building, and there is a walkway that goes to the 2nd entrance.[...]
If there is a public walkway under the dish then there is very likely a building code for clearance. It applies to most any protusion from a building over a walkway not just for a dish. Call your local building inspector dept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.