DBSTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. What a great site Im very glad to be a part of it.My question is I'm looking to get a Directv HR24-500 and would like to know if it has 5.1fiberoptic output?

Thank you

·
Icon
645 Posts
spartanstew said:
The HR24-500 has both optical and Coax digital Audio Outs.
I don't have a -500, but according the first look, it does not have an optical digital output (toslink), only coax digital output.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
MizzouTiger said:
I don't have a -500, but according the first look, it does not have an optical digital output (toslink), only coax digital output.
I'm not sure if you know what an optical digital output is, because the firstlook clearly shows that there IS one.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
I believe Mizzou might have mixed up the images for the H24, and the HR24..The H24 does NOT have it, but the HR24 has both optical and coax digital outputs as others have stated.

·
Icon
645 Posts
CCarncross said:
I believe Mizzou might have mixed up the images for the H24, and the HR24..The H24 does NOT have it, but the HR24 has both optical and coax digital outputs as others have stated.
You're absolutely right. I didn't look closely enough to realize that the back panel photo on page 4 was for the H24 and that the HR24 is shown on page 6. I apologize for the mistake.:blush:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts