DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Dish installer coming tomorrow and I just found this forum. I signed up for Turbo HD Gold + locals with DVR, with 3 TVs. Don't want to be picky, but I'm sensitive about my TV. What do I need to look, or ask for? A particular dish, receiver etc, I've been studying hard, but I don't know much. Been an old overpriced cable guy forever and trying to move up. Thanks all for any quick information, and I'll be back!

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
How many of those tv are hd? Do you want dvr service on all of them?

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're all HD. Only need DVR on one but the nice lady said I would get two for the same price. I see you have the 722 DVR, is that what I want on my main TV? And should I ask for a particular dish?
Thanks!

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
I don't really know which dish you will be getting for your area, the installer should have that all under control. The 722 has the largest hard drive of all of the HDDVRs. That would probably be the one that you would want on your main tv. Did the nice lady give you the receiver models that you might be getting? The 722 and the 622 can both control 2 tv's but, will only output HD to one and downconvert to sd on the other. If you only want a DVR on one tv you probably get a 722 and two 211's. But, then again they might give a 612 and two 211's. The difference betweent the 722 and the 612 is that the 612 will only output to one tv but, still has two tuners built in. The 211 is an HD receiver that is not a dvr.

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She was struggling with the receivers a little. It was the first Turbo HD package she had done, in fact she had to put me on hold and call somebody. It dawned on her that with a Turbo HD package, I probably wouldn't be needing the box that powered 2 TVs but one was in SD. I think I should expect a 722 DVR and 2 of the 211s. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge, I know I've just got to trust the installer and let him do his thing, but I would feel better if I could at least ask an intelligent question or two.

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
WIZZY said:
She was struggling with the receivers a little. It was the first Turbo HD package she had done, in fact she had to put me on hold and call somebody. It dawned on her that with a Turbo HD package, I probably wouldn't be needing the box that powered 2 TVs but one was in SD. I think I should expect a 722 DVR and 2 of the 211s. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge, I know I've just got to trust the installer and let him do his thing, but I would feel better if I could at least ask an intelligent question or two.
Heck, man ask that installer all the questions that you want, if he is any good he won't mind. I have always had good installers but, some have come in with horror stories. As for the receivers, you will be doing fine with a 722 and two 211's or a 612 and two 211's. If they gave you a 622 and two 211's that would work too. I hope you get back with us today with a good report and you are loving all the new HD. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.