DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to program this old reciver aka audio to be the primary reciver. But I can not get a code to work. It has in the past. So what am I doning worng? RCA RT2300. Use to work like a XBOX. Pre 360.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This old man has been here for a long time. Have had many??????????????????? But did not post out. Because you have all put it all down. But this is a old school one. Please Help.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Turn on the RCA
On the DirecTV remote:
Select AV1 or AV2
press mute & select at the same time and wait for the LED to flash twice, then release.
enter the 5 digit code for the RCA [if it "takes" it will flash twice].
Press center power button and the RCA should turn off.
RCA codes look to be 30300

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Once you find a working code for power, to get the volume which never works initially with any audio code. With a tv code in, or the volume keys won't work at all, to get the volume in single device do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

If you want the rca volume in ALL devices, do the following instead:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

·
Godfather
504 Posts
I have an older Kenwood KR-V6060 prologic audio receiver. I hadn't been able to find the code for it but then I tried again this morning and noticed more codes selection. I went to more codes and found the code. YEAAAAAAAA. I got it programed in AV1 to turn on and off and to control the volume.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
The code to use is 31254, with rca's use of a two-key power scheme, the lone PWR key on the directv remote will only turn it on or off, not both, sorry nothing can change this. So when you were testing the codes, the stereo might have been on already, so the PWR key with on command wouldl seem not to work. Test all keys under code 31254 with the stereo on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.