DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SL3 and SL5 LNB, (see below), WB68; HR24, HR22, H22, R15, and D11 receivers.

We had a strong storm to come thorough yesterday, which resulted in a power surge. It came through the telephone line in the living room, as a result the TV, DSL modem, D* receiver (HR22), cordless phone, are all toast. Also, the receivers on all other TVs in the house give the 771 Searching for signal message.

I have the protection plan and called and got an appointment - however the soonest they can get someone out is next Friday, and the curiosity is going to kill me before then.

I had a new LNB(SL5) laying around that I wasn't using, so just to see what would happen, I swapped it out w/ the SL3 and nothing. Any other suggestions? Could it be the WB68?

I'm leaning toward it being a problem with the power surge and not so much an alignment or blockage of signal at the dish issue. The storm was strong in that there was a lot of lightening, not so much wind/rain.

· Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, guy called today and asked if he could possibly work me in today, 2 days early. I told him yes, and left work so fast im sure all my co workers saw was a blur heading for the door...long story short, ended up with a new wb68 and a new lnb (the two I had worked, but were weakened and could not pass the install check for the 103 satellite), my hr22 replaced with an hr24, and a new CCK on the house! Great experience with the tech today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.