DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i JUST BROUGHT HOME 2 of these new units and now I am seriously considering not even installing them after reading about all of the bugs etc. My Hughes units work fine BUT after threatening to cancel DTV they alllowed me to go out and purchase 2 of these new ones.

1. I have a 3 lnb dish. How will this limit me???

2. I have no phone line available for this unit. Am I screwed???

3. Are the HDMI-OUT ports working on these units?

Thanks....

Phil

·
Legend
109 Posts
Philip33 said:
i JUST BROUGHT HOME 2 of these new units and now I am seriously considering not even installing them after reading about all of the bugs etc. My Hughes units work fine BUT after threatening to cancel DTV they alllowed me to go out and purchase 2 of these new ones.

1. I have a 3 lnb dish. How will this limit me???

2. I have no phone line available for this unit. Am I screwed???

3. Are the HDMI-OUT ports working on these units?

Thanks....

Phil
Don't let the bugs scare you. The unit works pretty well, and having a working HD recorder is defnitely a beautiful thing. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the UI.

1. With the 3 LNB dish you won't be able to get your HD locals, which you can get since you're in LA. It's definitely worth the upgrade to the 5 LNB dish.

2. Don't worry about the phone line. The only thing you need it for is if you want to order PPV through the unit.

3. Yes. Works great. Some people have had issues with it syncing to their TV, but D* is working this out now.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
You wont be able to get your local RSNs in HD either without the new 5 LNB dish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.