DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been on the site many times and it has been most excellent. I finally decided to register b/c I am having a hard trying to connect my HR-21 using the Linksys WGA600N. I've seen that others have had success using this combo, but i'm struggling to fine the basics of how it was done. I've been on tech support with linksys, and have gotten the WGA600N to connect to the wireless internet on my laptop. When I take it the adapter over and plug it into the receiver, it says ok on everything, and that i connnect to my network, but NO internet connection.

I tried entering the IP address and all that through the advanced setup, but still do not connect to internet.

Could anyone that been through this issue and finally had success with the connection please give me info on how you finally got connected?

I read about the CE that will connect this particular adapter automatically, but don't know how to download the CE.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. LOVE LOVE LOVE what i've found here so far.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09
2,390 Posts
SnoopHogg said:
Hey guys,

I've been on the site many times and it has been most excellent. I finally decided to register b/c I am having a hard trying to connect my HR-21 using the Linksys WGA600N. I've seen that others have had success using this combo, but i'm struggling to fine the basics of how it was done. I've been on tech support with linksys, and have gotten the WGA600N to connect to the wireless internet on my laptop. When I take it the adapter over and plug it into the receiver, it says ok on everything, and that i connnect to my network, but NO internet connection.

I tried entering the IP address and all that through the advanced setup, but still do not connect to internet.

Could anyone that been through this issue and finally had success with the connection please give me info on how you finally got connected?

I read about the CE that will connect this particular adapter automatically, but don't know how to download the CE.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. LOVE LOVE LOVE what i've found here so far.
Did you see this thread - there are several working WGA600N setups listed

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=99327

Also - did you try both ports on the HR21 ? There have been reports of slightly different operation between models (HR21-100 vs HR21-700 I think I remember some folks operated differently)

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bhelton71 said:
Did you see this thread - there are several working WGA600N setups listed

Also - did you try both ports on the HR21 ? There have been reports of slightly different operation between models (HR21-100 vs HR21-700 I think I remember some folks operated differently)
Thanks for the reply... I did go through that thread last night (which is some GREAT info). But still had no luck. I think (it was a long and frustrating night)i tried both lan ports last night, but will try port 2 again tonight just to be sure.

I found the info about the new CE supporting my particular adapter, recognizing it's there, and setting it up. I would LOVE that option. But the bottom line is that i just want it to work. I've set up several wireless networks and have never encountered anything close to this.

I just switched from Dish to DirecTV on Wednesday of this week, and now that i'm figuring out the differences in the guide and what not, i'm really liking it. The more HD, my locals in Arkansas coming soon, and the Direct on demand were the key points in my decision to switch. Now... if it would just work :D

· Registered
15,592 Posts
SnoopHogg said:
I found the info about the new CE supporting my particular adapter, recognizing it's there, and setting it up. I would LOVE that option.
Then if you haven't done so already participate in tonights CE (assuming that it's still on schedule) and download the CE that has the support in it. Anyone can take part in the CE process, just need to be a registeded member on the site.

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RAD said:
Then if you haven't done so already participate in tonights CE (assuming that it's still on schedule) and download the CE that has the support in it. Anyone can take part in the CE process, just need to be a registeded member on the site.
Where do i go to get the information to participate? Will there just be a new thread somewhere explaining what to do? And is there a certain time frame that it has to be done in?

· Registered
15,592 Posts

· Icon
712 Posts
I have a Linksys WGA600N attached to my HR21-700. Use the top ethernet port. If everything is working properly, you should be able to run the WGA600N Setup Utility from your PC. Also, in WMP11 Media Share, you will see the DirecTV Plus HD DVR icon. Make sure you have the correct ip and gateway address in the DVR's Network Advance Setup. Reboot the DVR. Something that I discovered to get my pictures to play is putting them in Playlists. I hope this helps. Good luck!

11 Posts
Here is how I configured my Linksys WGA600N Gaming Adapter:

It works perfectly. I followed these instructions posted by a fellow member (I apologize for the plagiarism)

First, throw away the cd that comes with the game adaptor. Set your computers ip to 192.168.1.10. Leave subnet at 255.255.255.0 launch ie to 192.168.1.250. Type admin,admin. Setup the following:
Basic: Enable DHCP (Your router must also be in dhcp mode). Set your ssid,& security if you use it.
Advanced: turn off WISH and Game security.
Save setting at each change but don't reboot adaptor until you are done.
Finally, click on reboot. You will not be able to get back into adaptor now. (If you need to, reset and start over.)
Reset network to default on your hr21. Plug in adaptor and connect. If you still have problems, connect by wire to your router, reset hr21 to default network settings and click connect. You should not be connected. Unplug wired set up and plug back in your adaptor. DO NOT CLICK CONNECT AGAIN. Select On Demand and you should be set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.