DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have misplaced the direct line to retention dept. Now I need it and have searched here and there to no avail. I found the 1-800-824-9081 and that was not it. Please post if you have it and Thank You In Advance.........MC

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There is no direct phone number to retention any longer.

They disconnected all direct dial numbers about a month ago.
You have to go through the main DirecTV number, and then be transfered to retention, or be given an expiring pin number to call them directly.

·
Godfather
311 Posts
I have heard from others that you can use their voice recognition to "cancel" your service, and that this will bring you direct to retention...

Have not tried it myself, so I cannot confirm that it works... But as I said...I've read others claim this to be the case...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Out of curiosity... What are you calling retention for?

If you are having a problem, what is it? to see if maybe we here in the fourm can help you resolve it.

·
8 Posts
Couple things... I just got off the phone with DTV 15 minutes ago (10:30 AM PST, 12-28-06). I did try saying "cancel" to that stupid voice recognition greeting, it didn't transfer me directly to anyone but the first line CSRs... so the roulette game began.

After two disconnects and three first line CSRs, I was finally talking to retention. The guy was the first one out of 15 different CSRs in various call centers to help me. After we got done, and he literally saved me as a customer because I was ready to cancel, he gave me the 800-824-9081 and told me to call that number to get straight through to retention. This guy gave me $250 off the HDDVR I had installed, without me asking for it, as a gesture to make up for my recent frustrations.:)

On this past Saturday though, I talked to Retention and they basically told me to go screw myself, and take a $60 ($10/mo x6 mos) credit in exchange for missing THREE days of work due to missed appts and messed up installs. When I asked for a discount on the DVR, she told me "No, nobody ever gets a discount and certainly no one ever gets them for free.... " Uh huh:(

So it would appear that even at Retention, the retention reps, have different levels of compassion, and even conflicting stories about the methods to acces them directly.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
kicksavedave said:
, he gave me the 800-824-9081 and told me to call that number to get straight through to retention. .
Hope he also gave you a pin# (which expire) because without one, that number just takes you back to the front of the CSR line.

·
8 Posts
Brantel said:
Hope he also gave you a pin# (which expire) because without one, that number just takes you back to the front of the CSR line.
DOH! So it would seem... either he didn't want me to call back and get through, or he didn't know about the PIN... he didn't give me one, and you're right... I just get kicked back to "Para continuol, Espanol, el prima Dos, " blah blah. Oh well.

So mental note, get a PIN from Retention... but that is the number to "express" anyway.

·
Legend
115 Posts
kicksavedave said:
DOH! So it would seem... either he didn't want me to call back and get through, or he didn't know about the PIN... he didn't give me one, and you're right... I just get kicked back to "Para continuol, Espanol, el prima Dos, " blah blah. Oh well.

So mental note, get a PIN from Retention... but that is the number to "express" anyway.
They tried to 'screw' me on the $250 off a DVR as well, claimed they never offered it to me.. I had the person's name, time I called, date, etc.. And after transferring me back to retentions they 'found' it.. Just nicely ask the first CSR to transfer you, I did, and it worked and the problem was resolved.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am calling retention on the HR20 because it has been nothing but problems since I had it about 3 months. I have all types of audio & video dropouts, shows not being recorded and deleted. I am to pay the $99.00 payment this month and just need to know what I need to do. I do not mind paying for a device as long as it performs. I have been waiting software date after software date and seems to get worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.