DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. And, um, first of all let me apologize if I might sound desperate with what I'm about to tell but, I already searched over the internet (even some old threads on this forum) and have no luck.

Ok, the thing is that yesterday I cleaned my room and connected my DVR (R16-300), and when I powered ON and it prompted a new update (108A). It shows up a downloading software message and I can't skip it, no matter what I do. Everything "fine" here, BUT, when it goes to 96% it gets stuck for a while and then shows up a "hardware error" with a 799 code (see image below). It does the same no matter what I do. It's driving me insane already.

The images:

If anyone knows the solution, please let me know.

PS: I can't get a new DVR because I'm from Venezuela, and things are hella expensive here, so it's impossible for me to get a new DVR. :(

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
That DVR will no longer function on Directv in the USA by the end of the year. Only HD capable receivers H2x/HR2x and Genie will work.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,071 Posts
Yeah, I was going to tell him that it would be rather pointless to try and fix that receiver as it's obsolete and the MPEG-2 SD feeds it uses will be discontinued this year anyway.

But was first confused and was trying to ascertain whether he was actually in Venezuela or the USA.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello. Thank you both for the answers. ImI not in the USA. I'm on Venezuela. And it's really difficult to get a dvr here. Directv is no longer changing/repairing the dvr in my country :(

·
Super Moderator
53,490 Posts
Unfortunately the people on our site know more about the AT&T|DIRECTV service in the USA.
If you are looking for help with your DIRECTV Latin America service you're need to check with DIRECTV to see what DVRs they are currently offering.
https://www.directv.com.ve/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.